Haga clic aquí para leer en Español
The DPS Office of Student Assignment can provide you with your student's base school assignment determined by your domicile (where you currently live) in Durham, outline the registration process and assist you with questions about magnet schools, walk zones, and other common topics.
DPS offers a variety of choices to suit nearly every kind of student. We offer traditional calendar schools, Montessori schools, magnet schools with special programming, magnet schools with a year-round calendar, and CTE pathways programs. Some of our high schools are aligned with the area colleges and universities and share courses.
STEP ONE: ELIGIBILITY
- To enter kindergarten, children must be 5 years old on or before August 31. Older students must be under age 21 on the first day of school to enroll. Students who are under suspension or expulsion from a private or public school and students who have already graduated from high school are not eligible.
STEP TWO: IDENTIFY YOUR SCHOOL
- Identify which school is your base school using the School Locator tool, or call 919-560-2059. This tool will help identify your base school assignment and if your family resides in a magnet assignment zone. Click here to learn more about the DPS Magnet Program process.
STEP THREE: WATCH OUR ENROLLMENT VIDEO (OPTIONAL)
Our office has created a set of quick tutorial videos for those who need additional help with completing the online registration process.
STEP FOUR: ONLINE ENROLLMENT
After you determine which school your child is assigned to, complete your online enrollment by selecting the English or Spanish link for the desired school year that you wish to enroll your child. Remember: This portal is for ALL Kindergarten students and students new to the Durham Public Schools district.
2023-2024 CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR
Please use the link below to enroll your child if they will attend a DPS school beginning July 2023 to June 2024.
2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR
Please use the link below to enroll your child if they will attend a DPS school beginning July 2024 to June 2025.
If you have questions, we encourage you to:
- connect with us through our PowerSchool Community
- contact us via our PowerSchool Enrollment (InfoSnap) Support Line, toll-free at (866) 434-6276
for assistance in Spanish call the MRC (919) 560-2510
- contact your assigned school
- contact Office of Student Assignment at 919-560-2059