Principal's Weekly Spotlight 05/26/2019
Good evening! This is Dr. Moore-Lawrence, proud principal of Bethesda Elementary School, with the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight. Can you believe we only have 11 days of school left? Please listen to the following reminders about important things happening at Bethesda the week of May 27th.
Thank you to those who attended last week’s PTA Sponsored Be Internet Awesome Family Event. Not only did we learn about internet safety but our PTA and Google gave out to go dinners, over $300 in gift cards, and a Google laptop worth over $900. Don’t miss the next family night.
End-of-Grade Tests begin May 29th. Each day of testing, students need to arrive to school on time.
Monday, May 27th
- Memorial Day; No School
Tuesday, May 28th
- Morning Media Check Out—Please encourage your child to visit the library to check out books.
- Bulldog Academy Tutoring (Afterschool)
Wednesday, May 29th
- Fourth and Fifth Grade Students take the Math End-of-Grade Test
- Chorus Rehearsal (Afterschool)
Thursday, May 30th
- Third Grade Students take the Math End-of-Grade Test
- Art Club (Afterschool)
Friday, May 31st
- Show Your Bulldog Pride by wearing your Leadership t-shirt, sweatshirt, or blue and white
- Fifth Grade Students take the Science End-of-Grade Test
Do you have a child coming to kindergarten next year? If so, please come to the school to register.
A few weeks ago, you should have received a pink sheet featuring upcoming important dates. These include…
- June 4th Third Grade Students Take Reading End-of-Grade Test
- June 5th Fourth and Fifth Grade Students Take Reading End-of-Grade Test
- June 6th Third Grade Read to Achieve Test
- June 7th 5th Grade Formal
- June 10th K-5 End-of-Year Awards
- June 11th Last Day of School and Early Release at 12:15
- June 12th and 13th Take Two Assessments for 3rd-5th grades
Thank you for listening to this message. Have a great evening.