Principal's Weekly Spotlight 10/28/2018
Good evening! This is Dr. Moore-Lawrence, proud principal of Bethesda Elementary School, with the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight. Please listen to the following reminders about important things happening at Bethesda the week of October 29th.
This week, students in 5th grade will be taking a survey regarding school climate and the overall learning environment at our school. The purpose of this survey is to help our school learn more about the school’s climate and safety and to help make our school better along with supporting student success. Please encourage your child to take the survey seriously and answer questions honestly. Thank you for your help and support with our Student Climate Survey.
October 1st-October 31st, Bethesda Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month. Every Monday in October is Latin Monday and we encourage staff and students to dress in the flag colors of a Latin country. Our month of celebration will also feature a Hispanic Heritage Poster Contest, Hispanic Leader Spotlight During Morning Announcements, and Hispanic Heritage Assembly.
This week, students take end of quarter assessments/tests. These assessments/tests will indicate what students have learned and allow teachers to make decisions about what’s next for teaching and learning.
Monday, October 29th
- Battle of the Books (2:45; Media Center; Coordinated by Mrs. Kinsey)
Tuesday, October 30th
- Morning Media Check Out
- End of Quarter One
- STEM Club (2:45; AIG Room; Coordinated by Ms. Sheehan and Mrs. Duncan)
Wednesday, October 31st
- Happy Red for Ed Day—Students and staff are encouraged to wear red to show their support for public education
- Fall Picture Day
- Bethesda’s Truck or Treat Sponsored by Southern High School’s Cheer Squad (5:00-8:00)
Thursday, November 1st
- Morning Media Check Out
- Art Club (2:45; Coordinated by Mrs. Culberson)
Friday, November 2nd
- Show Your Bulldog Pride by wearing your Leadership t-shirt, sweatshirt, or blue and white
PTA thanks students and families that participated in last week’s OctoberFest Dance. Don’t forget that it’s not too late to join Bethesda’s PTA for $6.
- November 6th—Two Hour Delay for Election Day. School starts at 9:45. Students can arrive as early as 9:15.
- With Quarter One ending this week, parents/guardians and teachers need to schedule a parent-teacher conference. To receive your child’s first report card, you must have a parent-teacher conference.
At Bethesda, we are proud to say, ”Greatness Starts Here: Leaders Are Made at Bethesda.” Thank you for listening to this message. Have a great evening!