PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY SPOTLIGHT WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 12TH
Good evening! This is Dr. Moore-Lawrence, proud Principal of Bethesda Elementary School, with the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight for the week of September 12th. Thank you for listening to my weekly messages as they provide important updates for families. They can also be found in your email inbox and on our website. Please make sure you have joined your child’s teacher’s Class Dojo. That’s where you get updates about what is happening in the class, at the school, in the district, and more. It is also where you will find out if a bus is running late, if school is delayed, and other emergency information.
- Wednesday, September 15th is Early Release. School is dismissed at 12:15. If your student rides the bus, your student will arrive to the stop two hours earlier. Please make arrangements.
- Thursday, September 16th is Yom Kippur. School is closed for students.
- Bethesda celebrates Instructional Assistant Appreciation Week. Our IAs are fantastic and fabulous. Show them some love the next time you see them.
- Bethesda’s Book Fair will be open. Students can shop for books and other cool items. Grab a shopping bag and have a great time!
- September 15th-October 15th, Bethesda celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month. National Hispanic Heritage Month honors the cultures and contributions of both Hispanic and Latino Americans. Bethesda will celebrate heritage rooted in Latin American countries by sharing history, heritage, and accomplishments of Hispanic and Latino Americans of past and present.
Thank you so much for your patience, feedback, and support with carpool and bus transportation. Each week gets better.
Thank you for helping us keep our students, staff, and families healthy by keeping your student home if your student is experiencing a headache, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, fever or chills, body aches, sore throat, cough, runny nose, sneezing, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose or congestion, or other like symptoms, your child should not come to school. If they are experiencing these symptoms, they must quarantine for ten days, have a negative COVID test, or get a note from the doctor indicating that it is not COVID related. Before your child comes to school, be sure to check your child's temperature and make sure the mask properly fits.
Have you joined Bethesda’s PTA? Membership is only $6 and goes towards helping our students, staff, and families. This year's PTA theme is “Bethesda PTA: A Place Where We All Belong.” Our PTA officers are President Kia Allah, Vice President Latia Boney, Secretary Kara Mullican, Treasurer Beverly Lipscomb, Member-At-Large Michelle Lillie, Teacher Representative Sandy Burgess, and Principal Shaneeka Moore-Lawrence
Thank you for reading this message. Have a great evening!