PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY SPOTLIGHT WEEK OF MAY 23RD
Good evening! This is Principal Moore-Lawrence, proud principal of Bethesda Elementary with the Principal's Weekly Spotlight for the Week of May 23rd. Two weeks and counting; that’s 9 days not including Memorial Day. This week’s quote comes from Katy Perry’s song, Roar and it says “I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter. Dancing through the fire ‘cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar. Louder, louder than a lion 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar.” Thank you for doing all you’ve done to make it through this school year like true champions.
If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, text or call me at 919-491-3630, or contact your child’s teacher. Thank you for everything!
This Week’s Bulldog Share and Care
Kindergarten will share their favorite summer activities.
First grade will participate in National Scavenger Hunt Day.
Second grade will play hangman.
Third grade will participate in Movie Trivia Day.
Fourth grade will do a directed drawing.
Fifth grade will participate in a flip grid challenge part 2.
This month, we celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. This week, we spotlight a quote from Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese Thiền Buddhist monk, peace activist, and founder of the Plum Village Tradition, “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
- This is a reminder that every day, every bus rider and car rider must have the DPS Symptoms Screener completed before they come to school.
- If your child is face-to-face, thank you for making sure that he/she brings the charged computer and charger every day.
- If you have questions about dates for End-of-Grade testing, End-of-Year Award Programs, or End-of-Year Celebrations, please look at our website, contact your child’s teacher or call the main office at 919-560-3904.
- Wednesday, May 26th—Students will complete one of four Wellness Wednesday activities. If your child does not complete one of the activities, he/she will be marked absent. One of the activities is attending our Wellness Wednesday program with our Student Support Services Team. More information about this week’s activities can be found on the school website.
The following Bulldogs are getting shout outs…
- Mrs. Foreman recognized third grade students Bella and Kiymoni for showing great leadership in Media.
- Ms. Duncan recognized second grade student Damian for showing growth in phonics.
- Ms. White recognized fifth grade student Jaiya for complementing her peers in PE class even though she didn’t get the right answer.
This concludes the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight. Have a great evening.