PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY SPOTLIGHT WEEK OF MAY 2nd
Good evening! This is Principal Moore-Lawrence, proud principal of Bethesda Elementary with the Principal's Weekly Spotlight for the Week of May 2nd. Five weeks until the end of the school year. This week is National Teacher Appreciation Week and at Bethesda we are excited to be celebrating our wonderful educators. At Bethesda, our definition of teacher is a multitasking educational rock star who lives to inspire and loves to encourage. They are kind of a big deal! Thank you for helping us to celebrate Bethesda’s teachers. We appreciate your showering them with positive notes, sweet treats, smiles, gift cards, and love.
If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com, text or call me at 919-491-3630, or contact your child’s teacher. Thank you for everything!
This Week’s Bulldog Share and Care
Kindergarten celebrate Cinco de Mayo
First grade celebrates Kite Day with a directed drawing
Second grade will color online mandalas
Third grade will play I Spy!
Fourth grade will explore foods from different cultures around the world!
Fifth grade will play the Gratitude Game.
This month, we will celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. “Do not dimmish who you are. Your gender, your heritage, your identity. That’s what makes you unique”—Kailin Gow
- This is a reminder that every day, every bus rider and car rider must have the DPS Symptoms Screener completed before they come to school.
- If your child is face-to-face, thank you for making sure that he/she brings the charged computer and charger every day.
- We are halfway through the last quarter of the year and progress reports go out this week. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have questions about his/her academics.
- Please note that end of grade testing for students in all grades will occur during the last three weeks of school. Your child’s teacher will share specific dates with you this week.
- End-of-Year Awards programs are being planned. Kindergarten will have a drive-in program on June 4th at 3:00. Fifth grade will have a drive-in program on June 4th at 5:00. First grade’s virtual program will be held on June 1st at 6:00. Second grade’s virtual program will be held on June 2nd at 6:00. Third grade’s virtual program will be held on June 3rd at 5:00. Fourth grade’s virtual program will be held on June 3rd at 7:00.
- Please note that we are out school on May 13th and May 31st. June 4th is the last day of school and is an early release day.
- Wednesday, May 5th—Students will complete one of four Wellness Wednesday activities. If your child does not complete one of the activities, he/she will be marked absent. One of the activities is attending our Wellness Wednesday program with our Student Support Services Team. More information about this week’s activities can be found on the school website.
This week, we’d like to shoutout the following Bulldogs:
- Mrs. Skillman recognizes third grade student Jose for coming ready to test, staying focused, pacing himself, and being a great example of a Bulldog Learner.
- Mrs. Goff recognizes fifth grade student Mallonie for taking the initiative to design a dojo dollar for her class for PBIS.
- Ms. Wilder recognizes several of her kindergarten students…
- Stephany for doing a fantastic job in school.
- Emily for being smart, kind, and helpful to her peers.
- Morgan for cheering up a friend that needed support
- Leandro for being responsible, kind, and helpful to his teacher and peers.
- Allan for being kind and supportive of others.
- Haaziq for doing well in school and working hard.
This concludes the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight. Have a great evening.