PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY SPOTLIGHT WEEK OF APRIL 25th
Good evening! This is Principal Moore-Lawrence, proud principal of Bethesda Elementary with the Principal's Weekly Spotlight for the Week of April 26th. Can you believe that there are six weeks remaining in the year? Let’s continue to do all we can to make the end-of-year a success. This week’s quote comes from ML, “Coming together is magic and staying together makes things happen!” I am truly thankful for how our Bethesda family continues to stick together to do what needs to be done. I do not take your patience, grace, flexibility, perseverance, or support for granted.
If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, text or call me at 919-491-3630, or contact your child’s teacher. Thank you for everything!
This Week’s Bulldog Share and Care
Kindergarten reads "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".
First Grade will create their own version of the book titled, "The Very Hungry Student".
Second Grade will answer Would you rather...?
Third Grade will have Show and Tell with hobbies and talents.
Fourth Grade will have a Poetry Slam.
Fifth Grade will have a Directed Drawing called Puppy Stack.
- This is a reminder that every day, every bus rider and car rider must have the DPS Symptoms Screener completed before they come to school. The screener link is emailed to families for which we have email addresses and it can also be found on Bethesda’s website and DPS’s website.
- If your child is face-to-face, thank you for making sure that he/she brings the charged computer and charger every day.
- Monday and Tuesday, we will have make-up CASE 21 testing for 3rd-5th grade students.
- Wednesday, April 28th—Students will complete one of four Wellness Wednesday activities. If your child does not complete one of the activities, he/she will be marked absent. One of the activities is attending our Wellness Wednesday program with our Student Support Services Team. More information about this week’s activities can be found on the school website.
This week, we’d like to shoutout the following Bulldogs:
- Mrs. Berger recognizes several first grade students…
- Gabrielle for helping a student that was having trouble tying her shoe.
- Nasir for helping a student on the swing.
- Mrs. Chojkiewicz and Mrs. Romo recognize all the 3rd-5th grade virtual students who came for the first time this school year to the building being ready to take CASE 21 tests!
- Ms. Duncan recognizes second grade student Gavin for returning to class on time, asking questions when he needs to, and keeping her on her toes
- Mrs. Goff recognizes several fifth grade students…
- Her homeroom is awesome for their attention to their academics and their behavior. They are focused, follow directions, interact well with each other.
- Hamilton's homeroom for taking responsibility for their classroom behavior. There has been a tremendous improvement over the last week during ELA.
- Ms. Mullican recognizes several fourth grade students…
- Emily for doing a PROFOUND job of using her ELA strategies on her recent Case 21. She worked hard to read the passages and find/highlight her answers. She even kept notes on the stories as she went and made sure she checked over her answers for each story before moving onto the next!
- TJ for making sure he was using his strategies on his recent ELA Case 21. He made sure to go back and prove each of his answers by highlighting them in the text!
- Brooklyn for being a great leader in the classroom! She is ready for each activity and works hard to participate in all subjects.
This concludes the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight. Have a great evening.