PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY SPOTLIGHT WEEK OF APRIL 11TH
Good evening! This is Principal Moore-Lawrence, proud principal of Bethesda Elementary with the Principal's Weekly Spotlight for the Week of April 12th. We all can tell that spring is officially here—the pollen, the warming temperatures, the beautiful colors popping up with the flowers. This week’s quote is “Spring will come and so will happiness. Hold on. Life will get warmer.” If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, text or call me at 919-491-3630, or contact your child’s teacher. Thank you for everything!
This Week’s Bulldog Share and Care
Kindergarten celebrates Sports Day.
First Grade celebrates National Gardening Day.
Second Grade participates in a spring directed drawing of a colorful bouquet.
Third Grade listens as Grace Byers Reads "I Am Enough".
Fourth grade participates in Show and Tell about their interests and hobbies outside of school!
Fifth Grade participates in a directed drawing of Cartoon Fox.
- This is a reminder that every day, every bus rider and car rider must have the DPS Symptoms Screener completed before they come to school. If we have a valid email on file for you, you will receive an email with your personal link. You can also log in with your child’s PowerSchool Student ID number on our school website. That is also the number that your child uses for Canvas. If you cannot locate your Student ID, please contact your child’s teacher. The screener link can be found on both the Bethesda and DPS websites.
- If your child is face-to-face, it is important that your child bring his/her charged computer and charger every day.
- ACCESS testing continues for all ESL students who are face-to-face and virtual. If you have questions, please ask your child’s teacher or ESL teacher.
On last Friday, Quarter Three Report Cards were available to families via the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you need help accessing your child’s report card, please contact Mrs. Lakeika Davis, our Data Manager. If you have questions about your child’s academic performance, please contact your child’s teacher.
Every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:15 a.m. until 12 noon, Bethesda will offer FREE COVID testing for students, families, staff, and community members. In order to participate, you will need to register at https://ottendorf-lab.com/dps/. If you have trouble registering or have any questions, please call or text 919.390.2550. You will receive an email after registering for the test. When your test results are ready, you will get an email. This information is also on the website.
- Tuesday, April 13th—Do you have a child who will enter kindergarten in August 2021? If so, please attend our Rising Kindergarten Family Session on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. to learn more about Bethesda’s kindergarten program. We will also share more about Bethesda’s Spanish Dual Language Immersion program. You can join us at https://dpsnc.zoom.us/j/7389147293. This information is also on the website
- Wednesday, April 14th—Students will complete one of four Wellness Wednesday activities. If your child does not complete one of the activities, he/she will be marked absent. One of the activities is attending our Wellness Wednesday program with our Student Support Services Team. More information about this week’s activities can be found on the school website.
This week, we’d like to shoutout the following Bulldogs:
- Mrs. Goff recognizes fifth grade student Gavin for reaching out to a classmate and being so kind and caring! Gavin used Google translate to ask a classmate who does not speak English to play on the playground.
- Ms. Foreman recognizes fourth grade student Anyla for being a star student who is always ready to learn and participate during Media.
This concludes the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight. Have a great evening.