Principal's Weekly Spotlight - 11/2/2020
Good evening! This is Dr. Moore-Lawrence, proud Principal of Bethesda Elementary with the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight for the week of November 1st.
Have you ever heard the 1979 song performed by R&B duo McFadden and Whitehead entitled Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now? This definitely sums up how I feel about the way our Bethesda Bulldog Family is moving through our virtual learning journey. We’ve been doing this since school closed in March and we are getting better and better every week. Let’s not let anything stop us now…We are moving…We are grooving…
Thank you to those who joined us Thursday 10/29 for STEM Hour and Friday 10/30 for the Drive-In Fall Festival. Both were huge successes. We thank Bethesda PTA for co-sponsoring the Drive-In Fall Festival.
Bethesda has several extracurricular clubs—Math Club, Kids of Character, Girls Who Code, Daughters and Sisters of Triumph, Student Advisory Council, Science Olympiad, National Elementary Honor Society, and Young Males on the Move. Is your child interested in participating in one of Bethesda’s extracurricular clubs? If so, please check out our website on Monday 11/2 to get information about how to sign up. Clubs start the week of November 16th.
Do you have your PowerSchool Parent Portal Account? If you do not, you are missing information about your child’s progress report, report card, and more. Please sign up today. Contact your child’s teacher or our Data Manager, Mrs. Lakeika Davis for assistance. We are having weekly gift card drawings and those with accounts will be entered. The winner of this week’s $25 Walmart Card is the family of Allison Rincon Pereida. Congratulations! Thank you for setting up your account.
Week in Review Highlights (Please note that this list may not be exhaustive)
- Monday, November 2nd
- Students will continue to participate in Kids Vote. Students vote for the President of the US, Vice-President of the US, Governor of NC, and NC Water and Soil Conservation Officer.
- Tuesday, November 3rd
- Election Day/Teacher Workday/Remote Learning Day
- Students should complete asynchronous assignments provided by their teachers
- Wednesday, November 4th
- Wellness Wednesday for Students; please check our website for details. Topic: Anti-Bullying
Now it’s time for me to shout out some awesome Bethesda family members. To learn more about why these students were recognized, please check your email or our website for full details.
Ms. White PE teacher recognized Citlaly PG. She told Ms. White that she was funny and that is why she is one of her favorite teachers.
Ms. Foreman Media teacher recognized
- Amshuman K. is excellent in expressing himself and always participates in media. He has great listening skills and is a leader in his class. Keep up the great work!
- Justin CJ. is prepared and ready every time in Media to answer questions. He pays attention, interacts on canvas and participates in class as well as on Epic books. He is a great example of leadership among his classmates.
- Lia CI. listens and participates in Media class very well. She has done a great job following the story we are covering for the Global Read Aloud and won this week's first kahoot game about the diverse story. Keep up the great work Lia!
- Abigail VM. did a great job in following our story for Media's Global Read Aloud. She is a great listener and participates during class. She is ready to learn as a responsible student. Outstanding work Abigail!
Ms. Labuda ESL teacher recognized Jerialy DS. Jerialy is a respectful young lady who takes leadership of her learning by being punctual and ready to learn. She is not afraid to ask questions if she is unsure. She always greets with a smile and they share laughs over their stories.
This concludes the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight. Have a great evening!