Principal's Weekly Spotlight - 10/25/2020
Good evening! This is Dr. Moore-Lawrence, proud Principal of Bethesda Elementary with the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight for the week of October 25th.
My quote this week is simple yet powerful and true. “We did it together last week. We can do it together this week, even better. Let’s continue to be awesome together.” Thanks for making the first week of Quarter Two successful. Looking forward to greater things happening.
As you know, Quarter One Report Cards were available on PowerSchool Parent Portal on Friday, October 23rd. Please contact your child’s teacher if you need help logging into PowerSchool Parent Portal and/or if you have questions about your child’s report card! I would recommend that you sit with your child at his/her computer and discuss his/her grades. We want all of our students to be successful at Bethesda. Thank you for partnering with us to encourage our students to prepare themselves for their futures.
Week in Review Highlights (Please note that this list may not be exhaustive)
- Tuesday, October 27th
- 3rd-5th Grade Students take the ELA Cumulative District Assessment.
- Wednesday, October 28th
- Wellness Wednesday for Students; please check our website for details. Topic: Voting
- Please note that this Wednesday is early release so our Wellness Wednesday activities will end at 11:45
- Thursday, October 29th
- 3rd-5th Grade Students take the Math Cumulative District Assessment.
- We would like to invite your child and family to join us for STEM Hour at 1:00 pm. During our time together, we will be doing two STEM activities. If you need to pick up a kit with these materials from the school on Wednesday, please email Mrs. Shakinovsky at email@example.com by Monday at 3:00 pm. or contact the school to request kit pick-up. With both of the activities, students can complete them on their own or families can work together with them. We hope that you will join us for STEM Hour on Thursday at 1:00 via Zoom at the following link: https://dpsnc.zoom.us/j/8351932512
- Friday, October 30th
- Bethesda Elementary and Bethesda PTA will sponsor a Drive-In Fall Festival. Between 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., join us in the bus parking lot for music, sweet treats, a book giveaway, and other surprises. Students can also dress up as their favorite characters. This event is drive-in so you never have to leave your vehicle to have fun!
- Friday, October 30th and Monday, November 2nd K-5 students will participate in Kids Vote where they get a chance to vote for the President of the US, Vice-President of the US, Governor of NC, and NC Water and Soil Conservation Officer. Please discuss these decisions with your child and why voting is so important.
Now it’s time for me to shout out some awesome Bethesda family members. To learn more about why these students were recognized, please check your email or our website for full details.
Media Specialist Ms. Foreman recognized 1st grade student Alasia C. Alasia was ready to learn and participate. Ms. Foreman also recognized 4th grade student Seth B. Seth continues to show leadership by following the Bulldog BARK. He participates, asks questions, and shows excitement about Canvas assignments. He is well mannered and a positive influence on his class.
Ms. Killings recognized 2nd grade student Landon B. Landon is extremely helpful when it comes to his little brother’s learning, completing assignments and navigating websites. I am very proud of his patience and for never raising his voice.
Ms. Skillman recognized 3rd grade student Jaylen H. She challenged Jaylen to come to school on time and ready to learn. HE DID IT! Ms. Skillman also recognized Daniel CF. Daniel didn't feel well last week but he came to virtual zoom anyway. His desire to learn and be in class was an inspiration. Daniel is a perfect example of WANTING to learn.
Ms. Hicks recognized 3rd grade student Jordan C. Jordan is always on time and prepared for class. He has been doing an awesome job in small groups and always leads his group with participation.
PE Teacher Ms. White recognized 3rd grade student Aarushi N. Aarushi told Ms. White that she made her special’s class fun and she loved coming to PE.
This concludes the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight. Have a great evening!