Principal's Weekly Spotlight - 10/11/2020
Good evening! This is Dr. Moore-Lawrence, proud Principal of Bethesda Elementary with the Principal’s Weekly Spotlight for the week of October 11th.
If someone asked you what you remembered most about your favorite teacher growing up, you wouldn’t say much about the class. Instead, you would probably describe how the teacher made you feel. We all know that caring for students is important but do we realize how just important? There are few other things in education that have a greater impact on a student’s educational experience than a caring relationship with a teacher. Students who have caring relationships with teachers are academically more successful and show greater kind and helpful behavior. A caring teacher can change the school experience especially for students who face enormous difficulties. “Children Don’t Care How Much You Know Until They Know How Much You Care”. Thanks for partnering with your child’s teacher to ensure that your child has the most successful 2020-2021 school year possible.
Week in Review Highlights (Please note that this list may not be exhaustive)
- This week, Bethesda continues to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
- Tuesday, October 13th
- Bethesda PTA Presents a Virtual Cooking Class with DINE & InterFaith Food Shuttle. If you’re a member of Bethesda’s PTA you should have gotten a call and email with details about the class.
- We will have a new master schedule for Quarter Two. It will be posted to the website on Tuesday evening.
- Wednesday, October 14th
- Wellness Wednesday for Students; please check out our website for details
- Thursday, October 15th
- Early Voting Starts
- Friday, October 16th
- End of Quarter One…YAY!!! WE MADE IT!
- Monday, October 19th
- Remote Learning Day; Teacher Workday—Please use this time to prepare for Quarter Two and resolve any missing assignments for Quarter One. Contact your child’s teacher and/or check Canvas to see if your child has any missing assignments.
Although we don’t have any Bulldog shout outs for the week, I would like to shout out the amazing students, families, and staff at Bethesda. Working together, we have almost made it to the end of Quarter One and I am excited about what Quarter Two has to offer. Have a great evening.