Principal's Weekly Spotlight - 09/11/2020
Good evening! This is Dr. Moore-Lawrence, proud Principal of Bethesda Elementary. Thank you for another exciting week of school. We are grateful for the partnership between our students, their families, and our staff. Let’s keep the momentum going. Henry Ford once said, "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
Thank you for your patience and support during our Beginning of the Year Assessment window. If your child has not completed his/her assessments, please work with your child’s teacher to get these assessments done during the upcoming week. These assessments will help us make important instructional decisions for our students.
This year’s first virtual family event—Bethesda’s Family-A-Fair—will occur on Thursday, September 17th at 6:00. It will feature literacy, Bethesda’s PTA General Membership meeting, and tons of other great activities for our Bethesda Bulldog Family. There are some door prizes that will be given out during the event so be sure to meet us on Zoom. The zoom link for the event is http://bit.ly/BethesdaFamilyAFairSept172020 and can also be found on our website.
We would like to shout out the following students for having extraordinary first weeks of school.
- Ms. Wilder recognized K student Kai'elle F and Mason S. Thank you for being respectful and prepared for learning everyday. You truly are world changers.
- Ms. Berger recognized 1st grade student Josiah N. for doing a wonderful job with Virtual Learning. Josiah is eager to participate and always has a positive attitude.
- Ms. Thompson recognized 4th grade student Maria C. Maria has shown up to every zoom call ready to learn and participate! Maria even helped the teacher out during class to show other students how to find homework assignments on canvas. Ms. Thompson also recognized 4th grade student Alexander M. C. Alexander has been an active participant during each zoom call this week. He has entered answers into the chat box throughout each lesson, shown his work on his virtual whiteboard, and followed all of our class zoom expectations! Keep up the great work Alexander!
- Ms. Rouse recognized 5th grade student Gavin C. Gavin worked diligently on his iReady Diagnostic Assessment.
- Mrs. Green recognized 5th grade student Joel G. P. Joel is always willing to jump in and help his classmates when they are struggling to navigate technology. Mrs. Green also recognized 5th grade student Luz Marie S. R. She has provided peer support for a classmate by interpreting.