- Riverside High
WEEKLY UPDATE/MENSAJE SEMANAL 11/06/2022
Good afternoon RHS families, this is Dr. Woods-Weeks calling with the weekly update.
Congratulations to the Men's and Women's Cross-country teams on their respective performances at the 4A State Championships this weekend. The boys came in 15th and girls were 19th.
Senior Brian Hampson placed 17th and Sophomore Connor Tyrrell placed 18th overall. The top two Female performers where Senior Ellison Deskins who placed 72nd and Sophomore Elizabeth Healy who placed 73rd.
The Riverside Women's Basketball team is still allowing athletes to join the program. If you are interested, please see coach Duncan, Coach Daye, or Coach Black for more details.
Ticket to play winter sports are available by appointment only. Please email or contact Athletic Director Robert_Duncan@dpsnc.net to set up an appointment.
Congratulations to our Chorus students under the tutelage of Ms. Boliek for their amazing fall concert performance last Thursday. What a splendid event!
Also, congratulations to Myles Ettu for being accepted to North Carolina A&T State University and UNC-Greensboro; to Mary Walters for her admission to Lees-McRae University ($11,000/yr.!); to Wade Gabriel for his acceptance to the Brinson Honors College at Western Carolina University; and to Jack Solomon for being admitted to Oregon State University!
And congratulations to the RHS Ultimate Frisbee team secured third place in their league with a hard-fought win in a close game against East Chapel Hill High. They have worked hard this season and it would be great if you might be able to add the Also the team is grateful to Mr. Oakley for his support of the team this season!
Next, to be more accurate and inclusive, the yearbook staff is asking students to let us know if they have a preferred name. Anyone who goes by a name other than the one listed in PowerSchool should scan a QR code, complete the form on the website, or speak to Ms. Roth in room 146.
ALL GRADUATING STUDENTS FOR ALL CEREMONIES MUST BUY A CAP AND GOWN. You do NOT have to buy anything else. All class rings, sweatshirts, socks, water bottles, etc. that Jostens also sells is OPTIONAL. Please see link below to purchase a cap and gown only.
The A/B Honor Roll Celebration is Thursday, November 10th in the cafeteria at 3:00 pm. More information to come.
As a reminder:
Ø Tuesday, November 8 is a TWD. No school for students.
Ø Friday, November 11th is Veterans Day (Holiday), no school
Ø Parents, for safety reasons, please adhere to the below car line procedures for arrival and dismissal. We are currently experiencing congestion, risk of collision, and other harm because cars are not following the procedure.
Car line Procedures for Arrival and Dismissal:
- Please be patient when exiting/entering Rose of Sharon Road.
- The speed limit on campus is 10 miles per hour.
- In the morning, parents/caregivers should pull up as far as possible before their student exits the vehicle.
- All students should exit on the right side of the vehicle
- For quick unloading, students should be school-ready with all necessary materials and prepared to exit the vehicle.
- Morning carpool traffic circulates counterclockwise in the visitor loop and exits campus out the main driveway.
· In the afternoon, carpool traffic circulates clockwise in the visitor loop and drives around the back of the school to the shared exit with school buses.
· For your safety, and to ensure the efficiency of our school bus transportation, there is no parking/idling near the tennis courts or bus loop.
· Parent/caregivers who wish to park and pick up their student may park in the southern portion of the Junior lot, near the baseball fields.
That said, parents please continue to help us enforce the DPS Code of Conduct by ensuring that your student adheres to the policies and procedures set forth. Students show your school pride by wearing our school colors on Friday. I will see each of you at the River tomorrow. Go forth and make it a great evening. Roll Pirates Roll! Thank you.