- Riverside High
WEEKLY UPDATE/MENSAJE SEMANAL 10/24/2022
Para ver este mensaje en espanol, haga clic aqui
Good afternoon RHS families,
This is Dr. Woods-Weeks calling with the weekly update. The Riverside Athletics Department would like to thank all who came out to help celebrate homecoming, and a special thank you Ms. Allman, Coach Thompson, Ms. Minnick, Ms. Swain, and all who helped make the week and evening so eventful. It was great fun had by all!
Congratulations to the Homecoming Royale Court: Freshman, Elio Leon and Kamyla Harris; Sophomores, Vincent Barboriak and Laurell Dominguez; Juniors, Landon Futrell and Hannah Valente; and our Homecoming King and Queen - Collin Phillips and Carina Felerman. Congratulations to you all!
As a reminder:
- October 24th is a District Early Release Day. School will be dismissed at 2:15 pm. Govern yourselves accordingly.
- October 24th is World Polio Day. The Interact Club has raised $251 so far for the Purple Pinkie Day Project, which is an initiative by Rotary to eradicate Polio. This money vaccinates over 1,500 kids in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Each dollar vaccinates six kids. Students will have one last opportunity to donate tomorrow before school in the lobby. We hope to see you then!
- Senior formal portraits will take place on October 24th and 25th and are by appointment only. All time slots for senior portraits at the school have been filled. Students can still take a walk up "Yearbook only" tux and drape at the school on Oct 24th and Oct 25th . Any portrait package can still be scheduled at the Prestige Studio in Morrisville. There will be a makeup day on Nov 29 - for portrait packages only. Mark your Calendar!
- Yearbook tux and drape options MUST be taken in school or proofs will not return in time for publication. Students should do a walk up on Oct 24-25 if they want a tux/drape for the yearbook.
- October 25th we will have FAFSA Night # 2 at 6:00 pm in the Media Center.
- Tuesday, October 25th – Pre-ACT will be administered to all eligible 10th grade students. 95% participation is the goal.
- The School Improvement Team will meet on Wednesday, October 26th at 5:00 p.m. Mark your Calendar!
- October 28th is the end of the quarter. Students do your best to make the grade. You still have time to improve.
- October 31st is a TWD/No school for students.
- October 31st – November 4th – Parent/teacher conferences. Please call the teacher of record to schedule a conference if needed. As stated at the onset of the year, for all our students to succeed it will require a partnership between school and home and home to school. If you do not hear from the teacher of record this week to schedule a parent/teacher conference, please reach out and schedule the conference so you may begin having face to face dialog with teachers if you have not already done so. Though some students may not be having academic issues, there may be some behavior, attitude, attendance, and motivational concerns that should be addressed. I encourage all parents to have at least one face to face conference throughout the semester. We want a strong finish for all our students this semester so let's keep the main thing the main thing and work together to ensure success for all. Remember, an unvoiced concern is an unheard concern. I am depending on you to make time to meet with your student's teachers.
- Are you interested in a winter sport? Basketball, Indoor Track and Field, Wrestling, and Swimming. If so, please complete the 2-step online registration at www.dpsathletics.com/riverside. All interested students must turn in a completed athletics sports physical to Ms. Samuels in the athletic training room. Winter sports officially start on October 31st, 2022, tryout locations and times will be shared later. There will be a ticket to play Monday 10/24 during smart lunch and on 10/31 during the grab-and-go lunch session in the front lobby.
- Need community service hours? Contact Athletic Director Robert_Duncan@dpsnc.net for more information.
That said, parents please continue to help us enforce DPS’ Code of Conduct by ensuring that your student adheres to the policies and procedures set forth. Students show your school pride by wearing our school colors on Friday. I will see each of you at the River tomorrow. Roll Pirates Roll! Thanks.