Weekly Announcement - May 3, 2020
This week is Teacher appreciation week! Please be creative this week parents and students expressing your appreciation! Please consider the following as you express your appreciation:
Monday sending a Marvelous Monday email or video expressing your appreciation to your teachers
· Wednesday is “watch it Wednesday”, parents please consider zooming in with your scholar on one of their classes showing your virtual support
· Tuesday or Thursday, consider dressing-up in the disguise of one of your teachers, take a photo, create a tik-tok or rush video and email it to the teacher with a kind, positive, encouraging note.
· Friday at 1:00 PM students and staff are invited to our Fidelity sponsored Scholar-Up Skills Session New Tech! The focus will be on Presentation and Personal Brands. Parents, please join your student in this zoom session with our Fidelity community partner! Everyone check your email for the link to this session for Friday, May 8th at 1:00 pm from Mrs. Jeffreys.
Senior Cap and Gown pick-up day is Thursday, May 7th from 2 to 3 at New Tech. In addition, please bring your school-issued laptop, charger, and bag. Also, bring any books issued to you from New Tech or Durham Tech. Seniors, we will celebrate your graduation on May 21st in a drive-by graduation format. You will receive more information regarding this event Thursday, May 7th!
Seniors, please respond to the email Mr. Harper and Mr. Blessing sent Friday regarding the website project. Also, thank you to all the seniors who participated in the Decision Day Video – Great Work and we are so proud of all our seniors!
Everyone, please note: All laptops and books from 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will be the week of May 8th through May 14th Start time 12 noon to 3:00 PM as follows:
· 9th graders will drop-off Monday, 11th
· 10th graders will drop-off Tuesday, May 12th
· 11th graders will drop-off Wednesday, May 13th
Lastly, thank you, everyone, who reached out to his or her loved ones, friends, family, teachers, etc. to honor our school thankful Thursday! In addition, thank you to everyone who reached out to me in honor of national principals’ day, your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated!
Scholars, please check your emails daily for important dates and school events, work hard with your teachers for the next two weeks to finish this year strong! Thank you for listening, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay home to stay STRONG!