Good morning Githens Raiders! This is Dr. Lanier with reminders as we prepare for the close of the school year.
Friday, May 26 - State Required End of Grade Testing begins. Only 8th graders will test in Science. Please ensure scholars are on time tomorrow morning.
This year, families will be able to get a head start on Back-to-School. The Back-to-School campaign has officially launched. DPS wants to ensure that schools are positioned to open with all of the logistics completed before the end of this year as we prepare for the first day of the new 2023-2024 school year.
Key components of the form, most of which are required by board policy or state/federal law, include:
- Student Handbook Verification (required for long term suspension appeals)
- Address and phone number updates
- Transportation information
- Military information
- District policies – technology, directory information, etc.
- Link for free and reduced lunch
The goal for Githens is to reach 100% of students with updated information by August 4, 2023. Please click on the link below to complete. Have a great day!