Return to Headlines

Principal's Message 11/14

Good afternoon Githens Raiders!  This is Dr. Lanier with a brief message!  Please listen carefully for details!

The Githens PTA would like me to share a big THANK YOU to all the families that donated to the Give to Githens campaign.  Our Githens community raised $11,500 to support our teachers and scholars!  If you meant to donate and haven't yet, there is still time and your support is still needed! Please see the link in the email that accompanies this message to donate online.  

A reminder that all indoor sporting and arts events will be limited to 50% capacity.  For sporting events, 80% of the limited capacity will be for home team fans with the remaining 20% for visiting team fans.  All spectators are required to wear masks and any spectators without masks will not be allowed into any venue.  Bags are not allowed in any DPS athletic event and spectators may not reenter any athletic contest after leaving.

VOLUNTEERS

  • All volunteers must be FULLY vaccinated for COVID-19.

  • All volunteers must be screened upon entering the building. 

  • All volunteers must wear their mask appropriately and consistently at all times.. 

  • All volunteers must depart immediately at the end of their shift.  

WINTER ATHLETICS

Athletes

  • Athletes are required to wear a face covering except when engaged in physical activity.

  • Weekly testing is required for all unvaccinated athletes to play.

Spectators

  • Indoor venues will be limited to 50% of capacity with the home team getting 80% and the visiting team 20%.

  • All spectators are required to wear masks and any spectators without a mask will not be allowed into any venue.

  • All concessions will be pre-packaged food and drinks, with a limited number of individuals working to allow for adequate spacing.  

  • Lobby areas for concessions will be clearly marked for adequate seating and spacing.  

  • Bags are not allowed in any DPS athletic event. 

  • Spectators may not reenter any athletic contest after leaving.

That’s all for now.  Have a great week.

Links:

Give to Githens: https://www.dpsnc.net/cms/lib/NC01911152/Centricity/ModuleInstance/1851/give%20to%20githens.pdf

PDF: How to Set up a Parent Portal Account (Eng | Spa)

Video: How to Set up a Parent Portal Account (Eng | Spa)

Web: How to Create a Gmail Account

Web: How to Create a Yahoo Account

PDF: How to Complete Returning Student Process (Eng | Spa)

Video: How to Complete Returning Student Process (Eng | Spa)

Immunization Link: https://immunize.nc.gov/schools/k-12.htm

Register to (COVID) test your student today with this link: https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=tf-dur-684-students 

Ticket Spicket:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w-NAcWmKMsxOKq2j3JTCpAYqLyyy11wP/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111524642789948469711&rtpof=true&sd=true