Attention Durham Business and Industry Professionals!
Attention Durham businesses and industry professionals!
Please join us as exhibitors at high school career fairs to share information about career and job opportunities. Help us prepare our students to be your future employees.
Here are a few upcoming ones:
- 10/10 – Jordan High School, 8am-12pm
- 10/23 – Lakeview School, 9am-11am
- 11/15 – Southern High School, 9am-12:30pm
- 11/21 – Hillside High School, 9am-12pm
Career Conversations Panels
We also have many opportunities to serve as guest speakers as part of our monthly Career Conversations panels, which focus on a different industry sector each month. Basically you engage in Q&A with 30-75 students about your career path, for one hour. Below are some upcoming panels:
October: Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- 10/21 – Southern High School: 10:45-11:45am
- 10/22 – Riverside High School: 9:15-10:15am
- 10/24 – Hillside High School: 11am-12pm
November: Business & Public Administration
- 11/18 – Southern High School: 10:45-11:45am
- 11/19 – Jordan High School: 10:50-11:50am
- 11/19 – Riverside High School: 2:35-3:35pm
- 11/21 – Hillside High School: 2:45-3:45pm
3-2-1 Work-Based Learning Initiative
DPS has launched its “3-2-1 Work-Based Learning Initiative” to better prepare students for the world of work, bridge the skills gap, and help meet the workforce needs of local employers. The initiative includes many ways—in addition to career fairs and Career Conversations—for companies and individuals to provide learning experiences for students, such as by hosting field trips and providing internship and job shadowing opportunities. Learn more.
For questions please contact Ondrea Austin, Lead Workforce Development Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (919) 560-3858