- Carrington Middle
Principal's Update for the week of 02/27/23
Good afternoon Carrington families,
The Fall Festival 5k is this Friday, March 3. We have plenty of fun planned and we hope everyone can join us. You can register the event by visiting: https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Bahama/MangumElementary5k
Below is the timeline for the event:
Thursday 3/2: Packet Pick-Up @ Mangum Elementary from 8:30-3:30 t-shirts and bracelets will be distributed throughout the day. We encourage everyone who has already paid for the event to pick up their bracelets and shirts prior to the event Friday.
- Parking on site begins at 4:30 (from 5:15 until 6:00 parking will not be permitted on site for the safety of runners) You will be able to park at Mangum elementary during this time. Golf cart shuttle service will be available, or you can make the half mile walk to the Coffey Ranch.
- Registration/Packet Pick-Up will start at 4:30 and run throughout the evening.
- 5k event will begin promptly at 5:30 and a majority of the run will be on Ball Rd. Signage will assist with your route.
- Fun Run will begin @ 5:45 and will travel approximately a half mile on the same course on Ball Rd. Signage will assist with your route.
- Food will be served beginning at 5:45, you must have a bracelet for food. Upon ordering your bracelet will be hole punched.
- All activities will open at 5:45 (Bull City Inflatables, Ninja Nation Obstacle Course, Art Tables, Fortnight Gaming Trailer) Participants will need a bracelet to participate in all/any events.
- The festival will run until 8:30 and food service will end at 7:30. Food service will be a choice of pulled pork nachos or pulled pork plate with slaw, beans and bread.
If you would like to volunteer, please visit this link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/appointments/AcZssZ3PXUjWjNTgeM4g6KrfADzvrnM2nLlqURBkXYY=
If you would like to participate, we have scholarship opportunities available, for those who need it.
Thank you for your continued support of your DPS school. If you have questions, please reach out to email@example.com
In sports news, tryouts for baseball, softball, and girls soccer will begin on February 27-March 1. What is needed for tryouts? Baseball and softball cleats, gloves, sneakers, and a change of clothes according to the weather. (compression leggings underneath your shorts, long sleeves shirt, sweatshirt). Girls Soccer Sneakers and a change of clothes according to the weather (compression leggings underneath your shorts, long sleeves shirt, sweatshirt). Track and Field tryouts will begin on March 1-March 3. What is needed for tryouts? Track and Field good running shoes and a change of clothes according to the weather (compression leggings underneath your shorts, long sleeves shirt, sweatshirt). Boy’s tennis will start on March 6.
All tryouts and practices will start at 4:00 pm -5:45 pm.
Below are important dates from Ms. Rawlinson, the 8th grade counselor.
We are gearing up to complete 9th grade registration for all of our current 8th grade students! How exciting!!! In preparation for the upcoming registration season, we will host a Virtual Parent Night on Wednesday, March 1st at 6:30pm to learn about the programs and electives offered by Northern and Riverside High Schools.
Parents, please plan to join us virtually for this event by visiting bit.ly/virtual8thgrade or by using the link found in the email version of this message: link
On Tuesday, March 7th at 9:30am the registration teams from both RHS and NHS will walk students through the registration process. Registration will include an overview of the schools and their programs, elective selections, and time for Q&A. Please add this date to your calendar.
Northern High School has made a copy of their course selections available for you. Please access this catalog using the link in the email version of this message:
Northern’s CTE Programs https://sites.google.com/a/dpsnc.net/career-and-technical-education/classroom-news
Additional dates to consider (for families who have applied to a CTE/Magnet program) :
- Lottery Notification Results Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 - Lottery notification results will be e-mailed and posted on the Parent Dashboard of the parent/guardian SmartChoice Application Account at dpsncapplication.com
- Deadline to Accept Assigned Lottery Seats: Friday, March 17th, 2023 (5:00pm) – Parent/Guardian must accept the lottery seat by this deadline. Lottery assignments not accepted by this deadline will be automatically marked as a declined seat. If an applicant accepts a lottery assignment, his/her name will be removed from all other lottery application waitlist(s). Declined seats are final and cannot be reclaimed.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext. 16250 with any questions.