Have you completed registration?
Have you submitted all required documents to complete registration? If your child is entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2020 OR was not enrolled in Durham Public Schools last year, you must submit all five of the documents listed below in RED. If your child was enrolled in DPS (grades K-4) last year, you do not need to submit the Health Assessment or Proof of immunizations (all other documents listed below are required). If you are unsure about what you are missing, please contact our Data Manger, Bunny Reed email@example.com (919) 560-2695 ext 69038. Thank you for ensuring that your child's registration is complete right away!
- Picture ID of parent, legal guardian/custodian
- Proof of immunizations within 30 days of enrollment
- Five DPT doses (diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis). If the fourth dose (booster) is given on or after the fourth birthday, the fifth dose is not required.
- Four oral polio vaccines (OPV), one of which must be a booster given on or after the fourth birthday. If the third dose is given on or after the fourth birthday, the fourth dose in not required.
- Two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) doses with the first dose on or after the first birthday and a second dose given before entering school.
- At least one dose of Haemophilus influenza, b (HbOC or PRP-OMP), given on or after the first birthday and before five years of age. (The second dose is not required if the first dose was given after 15 months of age.)
- Three Hepatitis B doses (not required if born before July 1994)
- Two Varicella doses on or after age 12 months and before age 19 months
- Health Assessment Form (K- 12th) is available HERE. It MUST be completed for students new to North Carolina schools within the first 30 days of their enrollment
- Birth Certificate (must be a certified copy of the original document)
Acceptable Documents for Proof of Domicile (POD) - Please provide one source from the options below.
- Proof of Legal Domicile - The parent, legal guardian/custodian, must be currently domiciled within the geographic boundary of the Durham Public Schools district (“Domicile” is defined as a permanent, established home, as distinguished from a temporary place of residence. A person may have more than one residence, but only one legal domicile)
- Current lease, deed or mortgage statement in the name of the parent/ legal guardian; or
- A month to month lease, and one (1) utility bill (gas, water, electric only) issued within 30 days of enrollment in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Current (domicile) property tax statement in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Three consecutive months of rental receipts(most recent one dated within 30 days of enrollment), and one (1) current utility bill (gas, water, electric) in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Statement in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Homeland Security/ICE or Federal Resettlement document; or
- Two (2) current utility bills (gas, water, electric) issued within 30 days of enrollment, in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Affidavit/Declaration of Residency completed at the Office of Student Assignment or the ESL Resource Center. The homeowner/leaseholder must present one of the above document options for proof of domicile, and his/her picture ID, while the parent/legal guardian of the student presents his/her picture ID. Once both documents have been approved and notarized by the Office of Student Assignment or ESL Resource Center, the parent will be instructed to present the documents to the assigned school to verify they are domiciled in Durham.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact the Office of Student Assignment at 919-560-2059.