Application & Tour Information
The best way to learn more about our school is to come and see us in action! Tours are held from November - January each year.
VIRTUAL tour/Q&A Sessions will be held via Zoom on the following dates:
December 8 & 16
January 7, 11, 14, 20, & 27.
Register for a virtual tour/Q&A session via Zoom at https://bit.ly/2022SRETours.
To request an in-person tour, please contact Mrs. Allen firstname.lastname@example.org (919) 560-2695 ext 69057. In-person tours are limited to 2 people per family and 4 people total. Tour attendees must complete the DPS visitor screener and wear a mask before entering the building. Tours available in Spanish by request.
How do I Apply?
Sandy Ridge is a visual and performing arts magnet school. Students are eligible to enroll in grades K-5 only after completing an application to enter the lottery (a random selection process that allows families to register their magnet choices) and then being selected in the lottery. The magnet application period for admission for the 2022-23 academic year will be January 10-February 4, 2022. Tours are held November-January each year.
- Application Period – The magnet application period for admission in August 2022 is January 10-February 4, 2022.
- Lottery notification results will be posted in March 2022 on the SmartChoice Dashboard of the parent's online account.
- Applicants who are selected through the lottery must complete all registration requirements (proof of residency, etc.)
Sandy Ridge Lottery Preferences
- Applicants who are domiciled in the priority zone will receive first consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive second consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled outside the attendance zones of the priority schools will receive third consideration for assignment.
**Siblings attending priority
Only applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive transportation services.
Questions? Contact Carolyn Allen, Magnet Coordinator email@example.com (919) 560-2695 ext. 69057.
(919) 560-2695 ext 69057