Application & Tour Information
The best way to learn more about our school is to come and see us in action! Tours are held from November - January each year. The tour dates for 2019-2020 are as follows:
November 6 & 14
December 3 & 17
January 9, 15, 16, 28, 29, & 30
Register for a tour at www.tinyurl.com/SREtour2019. Our tours begin at 9:30 am. Please plan to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the tour in order to sign in on our computerized visitor management software. Tours typically last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour and include information about our school, the DPS magnet lottery process, and of course seeing the building and classrooms. Children are welcome to attend our tours! Please note, if DPS is closed due to inclement weather, any scheduled tours will be cancelled.
How do I Apply?
Sandy Ridge is a visual and performing arts magnet school. Students are eligible to enroll in grades K-5 only after completing an application to enter the lottery (a random selection process that allows families to register their magnet choices) and then being selected in the lottery. The magnet application period for admission for the 2020-21 academic year will be January 6-31, 2020. Tours are held November-January each year. To register for a tour, please go to https://tinyurl.com/SREtour2019.
- Application Period – The magnet application period for admission in August 2020 is January 6-31, 2020.
- Lottery notification results will be posted in March 2020 on the SmartChoice Dashboard of the parent's online account.
- Applicants who are selected through the lottery must complete all registration requirements (proof of residency, etc.)
Sandy Ridge Lottery Preferences
- Applicants who are domiciled in the priority zone will receive first consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive second consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled outside the attendance zones of the priority schools will receive third consideration for assignment.
**Siblings attending priority
Only applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive transportation services.
Questions? Contact Carolyn Allen, Magnet Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org (919) 560-2695 ext. 69057.