Return to Headlines

Medication At School

If your child must take medication at school, you have the following options:

  1. Come to school and give the medicine to your child at the correct time.
  2. Request that a member of our staff administer the medicine. In order to do this, you must first complete Form 1: Parent Request for Medication Administration (in Spanish). Then bring the form and the medicine in the original bottle with the original label to the main office. All medicine must be labelled with your child's name.
  3. Allow your child to self-administer the medication. In order to do this, you must first complete Form 2: Authorization for Self-Medication by DPS Students (in Spanish)and turn it in to the main office. For prescription medicines, Form 2 must be filled out by you and your child's doctor. Medicine should be in the original bottle with only one day's does.

Please note that medication forms expire at the end of each school year. School staff are unable to give medicine without the completed paperwork. Please contact our school nurse or principal with any questions you may have.