Wednesdays in virtual school is a time devoted to tending to the social and emotional needs of all students. This could look different for everyone. Each week, we will provide a variety of opportunities and in the weeks to come, some of those will include live sessions with our student support team.
- Important Update for October 21 and 28: students in grades 3-5 should complete the Panorama Social and Emotional Learning Survey this week. To access the survey:
- Go to: surveys.panoramaed.com/dpsnc
- Enter your student ID (powerschool/NCedcloud #)
- Press enter to begin
- Each week we will host two separate live sessions with a member of our student support team leading synchronous learning on a selected topic. K-2 will be from 9-10AM and grades 3-5 from 10:30-11:30AM. Classroom teachers will share the Zoom links with you.
- October 28: This week's Wellness Wednesday topic is: "Mindfulness"!!! What is mindfulness you ask? Join us on Wednesday, October 28th, to learn that "Mindfulness" is simply awareness...which means noticing your thoughts, your emotions, your feelings, and how your body feels when you are having strong emotions. Mindfulness is being aware of everything around you and noticing what is happening right now!!! :) Do you know what else Mindfulness does? Mindfulness helps you to calm down when you are having strong feelings, and it helps you to focus on positive things when not-so-good things are happening. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Yes!! Mindfulness can be one of your Superpowers!!! Come learn about some FUN mindfulness activities that you can teach to, and do with, your Family!!!.
- Additionally, our Well Team has created a tic-tac-toe board of social-emotional learning activities your child can choose from.
- Finally, each week, Durham Public Schools will provide a selection of activities to support a given theme. These activities vary and are available for all grade levels (K-12), so choose the ones you think best fit for your family!
- October 21: Healthy Releationships
We hope you have a great day of learning!