Driver Education at DPS
Driver Education Classes
To take Driver Education with Durham Public Schools, a student must be 14 ½ years of age on the first day of class and in one of these categories:
- Attend a Durham Public School high school
- Attend a private school located in Durham
- Attend a registered “homeschool" located in Durham.
- Students wishing to take Driver Education must be eligible to receive a “Certificate of Eligibility”. Students who have failed two or more classes the previous semester are not eligible to take Driver Education.
HOW TO PAY FOR DRIVER EDUCATION:
- DPS will be using an “on-line” payment system for the $45 fee for Driver Education. The fee will be paid by credit card or with debit card. Students who do not have a personal credit or debit card may obtain a generic card from a store. NOTE: Some stores charge a service fee for the card, and students must add that to the amount put on the card.
Students that are dismissed from a Driver Education class due to behavior or attendance problems will not be allowed to take Driver Education a second time through Durham Public Schools.
To be eligible to take a Durham Public School Driver Education class, students who are homeschooled need to provide proof of registration for their homeschool. To do this, the administrator of the homeschool will log into their account and print the “Non-Public Education Verification Record." Students need to provide this form before the first day of class.
Contact Susan Clements at email@example.com