A few tips for ensuring proper bus assignment for your child:
- Durham Public Schools Transportation
- Here Comes The Bus: a service that lets you track your child's bus, get notifications and more. The school code for RHMS is 97034.
- Contact Rogers-Herr to sign up for bus transportation or to request a different bus stop.
- Call 919-560-BUSS (2877) (6 am - 6 pm) to check your child's bus status, including on-time arrival, breakdowns, etc.
- When registering your child for school, please make sure that you check ‘Y’ (Yes) for morning and/or afternoon transportation in the school bus transportation box on the student data sheet. If your child was pre-registered, please call the school to confirm that the appropriate transportation requests are indicated on the student data sheet.
- Please notify the school if your child needs an alternate bus stop location such as daycare, for either morning or afternoon.
- It is equally important to notify the school if your child does NOT need transportation.
- A student may ride immediately to/from an existing stop with a bus pass issued by the school.
- To ensure that your child has an assigned stop on the first day of school, please notify your school of a change in address or alternate location three weeks prior to the first day of school.