About Durham Public Schools Office of Public Affairs
Office of Public Affairs manages the Durham Public School districts communications and media relations activities, produces internal and external publications for employees, students, and the community. OPA also oversees content on DPSNC.Net website as well as content on all 52 DPS school websites. Press releases are provided by the OPA utilizing electronic media outlets to inform the community about the achievements and recent accomplishments of the District, upcoming events, public awareness campaigns, and other pertinent information. Additionally, the department also provides audio-visual assistance during meetings and other district events. The Office of Public Affairs is dedicated to customer service.
For more information on this department or its staff members, please call (919) 560-2602.
Durham Public Schools Office of Public Affairs is DPS's primary source for telling the District’s story through media communications, public outreach, and electronic means. The DPS Office of Public Affairs uses communication strategies to inform,educate, and empower stakeholders and to create and distribute information.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to information requests
- Produce high-quality communication pieces with comprehensive and up-to-date information
- Support student achievement by highlighting their accomplishments
- Support the schools, Superintendent, Board of Education, and staff in communicating and disseminating information in regards to policies, procedures, and programs
- Build community engagement for Durham Public Schools