Community Education Before and After-School Programs
Traditional students must be registered by Friday August 11, 2023 to start on the first day of school on August 28, 2023 (Space permitting).
Year-Round students must be registered by Wednesday, July 5. 2023 to start on the first day of school on July 17, 2023 (Space permitting).
To be officially registered in our programs, you must pay both your $35 registration fee and one (20-day cycle) monthly fee. (For the 2022-23 school year, you will receive a follow-up email confirming your enrollment if space is available. If space is not available, you will be placed on the waitlist.)
Registration Deadlines: All deadlines are by close of business
Registration Deadline: Start Date:
Monday, August 14 Monday, August 28 (First Day of School)
August 15-21 Tuesday, August 29
August 22-25 Wednesday, August 30
August 28-29 Friday, September 1
August 30 Tuesday, September 5 (Start of two day waits)
Your child can begin attending the programs two business days from today. Ex: Register on Monday before 5pm and your child can start on Wednesday. If you register after 5pm, your two-day wait starts the next business day (see below).
Note: Some situations may require longer start dates due to staffing shortages, child needs, or student holidays. You will be called if a different start date is necessary.
(Registering during the school year)
Register by 5pm: Start Date:
You can receive information such as a Welcome Letter, Contract Agreement, Payment Schedules, and a Coupon Booklet on our DPS Before and After-school Forms page.
Have a question? Call us at 560-9488.
Thank you for choosing Durham Public Schools Before- and After-school Programs!
You have selected a program that has more than 35 years of experience providing quality expanded learning opportunities for elementary students.
We support academic achievement in DPS Before- and After-school programs! This year, your child will experience a balance of homework time, enrichment, and recreational activities that are considered elements of a high-quality program. Our elementary programs are licensed and regularly evaluated by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and 95 percent of our programs have 5-star ratings.
Things to know about the before- and after-school programs:
- Before-school programs open at 6:30 a.m. and operate until the first bell rings.
- Elementary After-school programs operate on school days from the time the school is dismissed until 6:00 p.m.
- Elementary After-school programs also operate on early release days at no extra cost to parents!
- Monthly payments cover 20 days (no charge for days when school is out).
- Our programs offer full-time enrollment only; no part-time enrollment is available.
- Elementary programs only operate on in-person instructional school days.
- Financial assistance is available through DPS by calling 919-560-9488.
- Elementary programs are eligible for Department of Social Services childcare vouchers. Call 919-560-8300 or click here for more information. Financial Assistance Form.
Registration for these programs is required annually.
Office Phone (919) 560-9488
Office Fax: (919) 560-2177
Email: Community_Education@dpsnc.netDROP-OFF BOX:Minnie Forte-Brown Staff Development Center2107 Hillandale Road, DurhamClassroom Bldg. (Front door)