For MCHS Students Wishing to Substitute High School Courses with College Courses...
Students who desire to substitute a DTCC course for a high school course must meet with the MCHS College Liason. After meeting with the MCHS College Liaison or your DTCC Advisor, and after fully registering for your college courses, the student must verify enrollment in Self-Service. Only official enrollment in a course will initiate the process of dropping the high school equivalent course from your high school schedule.
See the School Counselor or the College Liaison if you have any questions.
Sarah Machak, School Counselor
Newton Bldg. 4-132
tel. 919-536-7203, ext 7
William Evans, College Liaison
Newton Bldg. 4-138
tel. 919-536-7203, ext 2
James Jefferson, Student Success Coach
Newton Bldg, 4-136
tel. 919-536-7200, ext 1213
Brandon Evans, School Social Worker
tel. 919-536-7200, ext 1210
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
Description: The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential. To learn more watch this video.
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Sending Official Transcripts to Colleges? Here is how...
- CFNC: Send transcripts to any school in North Carolina electronically for free.
- Common Application & Coalition: If applying through the Common App or Coalition, request a transcript by entering Mrs. Machak’s email and information in the Counselor Recommender section for each school.
- DPS Scribs Portal: Any school that can’t be requested on CFNC, Common App, or Coalition, should be requested through the DPS Scribs portal. On the MCHS website → Student Services Tab → Transcript Request
- Durham Tech Transcripts: Students needing a DTCC transcript must request them directly from the college website. Durham Tech processes and mails all college transcripts. In order to ensure your DTCC credits transfer to your college of choice, you must request a final transcript from DTCC when you graduate from high school and have it sent to the college you will attend.