Student Services

  • Contact Information

    Sarah Machak, School Counselor
    Newton Bldg. 4-125
    tel. 919-536-7203, ext 1207

    William Evans, College Liaison & Magnet Coordinator
    Newton Bldg. 4-138
    tel. 919-536-7203, ext 2

    James Jefferson, Student Success Coach
    Newton Bldg. 4-126
    tel. 919-536-7203, ext 1211

    Brandon Evans, School Social Worker
    Newton Bldg. 4-136
    tel. 919-536-7203, ext 1210

    For MCHS Students Wishing to Substitute High School Courses with College Courses...

    Students who desire to substitute a DTCC course for a high school course must meet with the MCHS College Liason. After meeting with the MCHS College Liaison or your DTCC Advisor, and after fully registering for your college courses, the student must verify enrollment in Self-Service. Only official enrollment in a course will initiate the process of dropping the high school equivalent course from your high school schedule.

    MCHS Credit Substitution Chart:  English and Spanish

    Dual Credit Substitution Chart Updated March 2021

    See the School Counselor or the College Liaison if you have any questions.



Wellness Resources

Official Transcripts

  • Sending Official Transcripts to Colleges? Here is how...

    • CFNC: Send transcripts to any school in North Carolina electronically for free. 
    • Common Application & Coalition: If applying through the Common App or Coalition, request a transcript by entering Mrs. Machak’s email and information in the Counselor Recommender section for each school.
    • DPS Scribs Portal: Any school that can’t be requested on CFNC, Common App, or Coalition, should be requested through the DPS Scribs portal. On the MCHS website → Student Services Tab → Transcript Request
    • Durham Tech Transcripts: Students needing a DTCC transcript must request them directly from the college website. Durham Tech processes and mails all college transcripts. In order to ensure your DTCC credits transfer to your college of choice, you must request a final transcript from DTCC when you graduate from high school and have it sent to the college you will attend.

  • School Counseling Updates & Announcements