The 2024-2025 school year application will be available online from January 8, 2024 through February 9, 2024 at 5 pm.
Click here to visit the magnet application site.
Click for an informational flipbook about MCHS: Online Flipbook (heyzine.com)
Minimum requirements for admission to MCHS
- Must be a rising junior or a rising senior
- Minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5 at the time of application
- Applicant must be on schedule to graduate on time
- Applicant must have completed one full credit in each of the following courses prior to enrolling at MCHS...
- English 1 and English 2
- Algebra 1 and Geometry OR Math 1 and 2
- World History
- Health & PE
- Reside in Durham County or Orange County
In addition to the online application, all applicants must also submit...
- An unofficial transcript
- An attendance report for the current school year
- A high school discipline report (even if it is blank)
These documents will automatically be collected for current Durham Public Schools students. All other applicants must obtain these documents from your current school and upload them to the application.
Special documentation required from home school applicants only
- Middle College High School accepts applications only from home schools approved by the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Instruction (http:ncdpne.org) or the equivalent out-of-state agency for non-North Carolina applicants.
- Applicants from home schools must complete and submit this transcript form in addition to the online application. (This document must be opened in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Adobe Reader to fill it out.)
Questions about MCHS? Please contact...
- William Evans, College Liaison & Magnet Coordinator: (919) 536-7203, ext 2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org