The application window is January 11th through February 5th.
Click here to get to the magnet application site.
Minimum requirements for admission to MCHS
- Upon enrollment at MCHS, the candidate must be at least a junior, in terms of high school credits (MCHS consists of 11th and 12th graders only).
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA (unweighted) at time of application.
- Candidate must be on schedule to graduate on time.
- Candidate must have completed the following courses prior to enrolling at MCHS: World History; English 1; English 2; Alg. 1 and Geometry; OR Common Core Maths 1 and 2; and Health & PE
- Candidate must be a resident of Durham or Orange county.
In addition to the online application, all applicants must also submit...
- Two references are required. Please click here to download the required reference forms. You must upload them to your online application. *DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, REFERENCES ARE OPTIONAL DURING THE JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2021 APPLICATION CYCLE.*
- An unofficial transcript must be uploaded to the online application. At the end of the school year, admitted students must submit an official transcript.
- A discipline report is also required from the applicant's current school.
Special documentation required from homeschool applicants only
- Middle College High School accepts applications only from home schools approved by the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Instruction (http:ncdpne.org), or the equivalent out-of-state agency, for non-North Carolina applicants.
- Applicants from homeschool must complete, and submit this transcript form (click here), in addition to a regular application. (This document must be opened in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Adobe Reader to fill it out.
Questions about MCHS? Please contact one of the following:
- William Evans, Jr., College Liaison/Magnet Coordinator (919) 536-7203, x2 email: william_evans-jr.@dpsnc.net
- Crystal Taylor-Simon, principal (919)536-7203, x1201. email: firstname.lastname@example.org