About Middle College
Principal: Crystal Taylor-Simon
Address: 1616 Cooper Street, Newton Bldg. Durham, NC 27703
Hours of Operation: 8:45 am - 4:15 pm
CEEB #: 341042
Facebook: Middle College High School
ARE YOU READY TO TRY COLLEGE FOR FREE?
WHAT IS MIDDLE COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL AT DURHAM TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE?
MCHS is a Durham Public Schools high school that accepts students who reside in Durham or Orange Counties. Applicants may be from a public school district, home school, charter school, or private school. We serve 11th and 12th graders who would like to challenge themselves by taking honors-level high school courses and free college courses at Durham Technical Community College. Students may graduate from high school with a year or more of college transfer credit. Some students also graduate from high school with an associate degree or a career/trade certification.
*NEW FOR THE 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR* We are adding Grade 13 to our school! This will be an optional additional year of high school for students who wish to remain enrolled at Middle College High to complete a degree or trade certification if they do not complete one by the end of Grade 12. College courses and materials will continue to be free for students during Grade 13. There will be a separate application process during Grade 12 for students who wish to remain for Grade 13.
WANT TO LEARN ABOUT OUR ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO APPLY?
Click here to go to our Prospective Students page!
WHAT DOES MCHS OFFER?
- FREE College Credit—Students may graduate with a year or more of transferable university credit or earn a trade certification.
- A unique and non-traditional academic environment—The school is situated on the campus of Durham Technical Community College, providing a more open-campus and collegiate atmosphere. Students take their college classes with Durham Tech faculty and Durham Tech students.
- Small enrollment—Our maximum enrollment is 200 students.
- Flexibility—Each student has a great deal of flexibility in creating his/her course of study and daily class schedule.
- Durham Tech—Students will have access to all Durham Tech facilities and services (ex. libraries, labs, clubs, counselors, dining services etc).
- Associate Degree—Many students may be able to complete an Associate Degree upon completion of high school.
- Grade 13-Beginning with the 2024-2025 school year, select students may opt to remain enrolled in high school for an additional year with the intent of completing a Durham Tech degree or certification by the conclusion of Grade 13. Courses and materials will continue to be free for students.