About Middle College
Principal: Crystal Taylor-Simon
Address: 1616 Cooper Street, Newton Bldg. Durham, NC 27703
Hours of Operation: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
CEEB #: 341042
Facebook: Middle College High School
ARE YOU READY TO TRY COLLEGE FOR FREE?
WHAT IS MIDDLE COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL AT DURHAM TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE?
(Click here for a description of the school that includes sample student schedules)
MCHS is a Durham Public Schools high school, accepting students from Durham Public Schools, Orange County Schools, and Chapel Hill-Carrboro City schools. Applicants must reside in Durham County or Orange County. Students meeting the residency requirement who attend charter, private, or home schools may apply as well. It is for 11th and 12th graders who would like to challenge themselves by taking honors level high school courses, and college credit courses at Durham Technical Community College. Students may graduate from high school with a year or more of college transfer credit.
WHAT DOES MCHS OFFER?
- FREE College Credit—Students may graduate with a year or more of transferable university credit.
- A unique and non-traditional academic environment—The school is situated on the campus of Durham Technical Community College, providing a more open-campus and “collegiate” atmosphere, as students take their college classes with Durham Tech faculty and Durham Tech students.
- Small enrollment—Maximum enrollment is 200 students.
- Flexibility—Each student has a great deal of flexibility in creating his/her course of study.
- Durham Tech. C.C.—Students will have access to all Durham Tech facilities and services (libraries, labs, clubs, dining services etc.)
- Associate Degree—Students may complete an Associate Degree upon completion of high school or within one year after graduating from MCHS.