Jordan Counseling Department Mission Statement
As professional counselors, we collaborate with key stakeholders to equip all students with the academic, career, and personal/social skills needed to enter and succeed in post-secondary settings and to become productive and contributing members of society and the 21st century workplace.
JHS Student Services Mission Statement
We collaborate with key stakeholders to equip all students with the academic, career, and personal/social skills needed to enter and succeed in post-secondary settings and to become productive and contributing members of society and the 21st century workplace.
The students of C.E. Jordan High School will acquire the skills and knowledge needed to become successful students, productive citizens, and lifelong learners engaged in continuing personal and professional growth. Students will:
- Enroll in rigorous curriculum and be exposed to academic, personal/social, and career exploration.
- Participate in activities that lead to self-awareness and personal growth.
- Engage in positive, constructive partnerships between students, families, and communities.
- Learn to value, affirm, and respect the differences among all members, promoting an inclusive school culture.
C.E. Jordan Student Services Staff believe:
- All students are capable of learning and progressing appropriate to their ability level and the opportunities available to them.
- All students have the right to be served by and participate in the school counseling program.
- All students have dignity and worth and deserve to be treated with respect by both peers and adults.
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial and ability differences will be considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program.
C.E. Jordan Student Services Staff:
- Will be based on student needs documented by data.
- Will work toward specific goals to help students personally/socially and academically.
- Will ensure that each student graduates with a college and career readiness plan.
- Will utilize the combined resources of the community and direct input from stakeholders.
All C.E. Jordan Student Services Staff:
- Will abide by the professional guidelines and ethics standards.
- Will regularly engage in professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills.