PARTICIPATION IN ACTIVITIES
Any student absent or under out-of-school or in-school suspension can not participate in school activities.
TO REPRESENT YOUR HIGH SCHOOL IN ATHLETIC CONTESTS, YOU:
- Must attend school to which the local Board of Education assigns you. Residence is deemed to be that of parents. Residence may be established by attending a school for two semesters.
- Must have been in attendance for at least 85% of the previous semester at an approved school.
- Must not have exceeded eight consecutive semesters of attendance or have participated more than four seasons in any sport since first entering grade 9.
- Must be under 19 years of age on October 16.
- Must have passed a minimum of three courses and meet local promotion standard the previous semester.
- Must have received a medical examination by a licensed physician within the previous 365 days; and if you miss five or more days of practice due to illness or injury, you must undergo another medical examination before practicing or playing.
- Must not accept prizes, merchandise, money, or anything that can be exchanged for money as a result of athletic participation.
919-560-3956 x56208 or press 4
Track & Field, Men's
Track & Field, Women
TITLE IX DISCRIMINATION
No person, on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, or handicapping condition, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, extra curricular as well as curricular. If any employee, student, parent, or community member believes such exclusion, denial or subjection has occurred, he/she should contact:
Durham Public Schools Board of Education
P.O. Box 3823
Durham, NC 27702
Or Contact: Director, Office of Civil Rights, Washington, D.C. 20202.