About Lowe's Grove
Principal: Danny Holloman, Interim Principal
Address: 4418 South Alston Avenue, Durham, NC 27713
Hours of Operation: 7:30 am - 2:20 pm
Lowe’s Grove Middle School is a school where all children learn at high levels and leave fully prepared, academically, socially and behaviorally to graduate from both high school and post high school programs.
To educate all students at high levels and to ensure that all students are able to perform at or above grade level in all areas as measured by a variety of assessments including the NC End-of-Grade (EOG) tests.
STEM School of Technology
The magnet program at Lowe’s Grove provides opportunities for all students to experience highly engaging coursework in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) enhanced by the infusion of multiple technology tools.
Features of the magnet school include:
- STEM focus areas of Biotechnology/Agricultural Science and Business/Entrepreneurship
- Integration of multiple technologies such as 1:1 iPads to expand opportunities for learning
and expose students to a variety of technology options
- Collaborative instructional environment in which students often work in groups and use technology to solve problems and complete projects
- STEM Clubs such as Future Business Leaders of America, Stock Market, STEM Scholars, FutureFarmers of America
- Partnerships with corporate and community experts in specialized STEM fields such as Fidelity, EPA, and Howard N Lee STEM Prep