Welcome to Durham Public Schools Family Academy!
The DPS Family Academy was created to help you and your student experience the excitement of learning in the Durham Public Schools. We believe that students achieve success when we all work together to Ignite the Limitless Potential of our students. That’s our vision, and this is what we believe.
Please check out our website to learn how we can work together to achieve our mission:
- New web-based Family Academy Catalog
- Parent Support Video Archive
- Upcoming District Sessions and Events
We also encourage you to take classes with us! Here’s how:
- Review course offerings and connect with your child’s school to recommend a class.
- Participate in district Family Academy classes and events.
- Enroll in our college preparation series.
- Watch for Family Academy event announcements on our website and in Peachjar, a cloud-based communication platform used to keep you informed.
Family Academy strives to engage families, educators, and community partners in meaningful ways that result in trusting relationships and collaborative partnerships that lead to stronger academic and social/emotional outcomes for our DPS scholars.
We invite you to learn more about our programs by exploring our website and/or contacting the Family Academy Office for additional information at email@example.com or 919-560-2628.
Dr. Ernetta L. Cagle
Family Academy Project Manager
There are no upcoming events to display.
Join Family Academy and Book Harvest on Tuesday, February 6, 2024 from 5:30pm-7:00pm at the Minnie Forte-Brown Staff Development Center for an info session to learn about ways to promote literacy at home & how you can raise a ‘Ready Reader’! Dinner and childcare will be provided. Registration is now open at bit.ly/FamilyAcademySession and ends on February 5, 2024. For more information, please contact Dr. Ernetta Cagle at 919-560-2628. We look forward to seeing you there!