The Whitted School opened August 31, 2017. This facility provides a high-quality Pre-K program to Durham County local 4-year-olds which will greatly impact their kindergarten readiness.
For more information or to apply visit: Durham Pre-K
This facility incorporates part of the building for affordable senior housing which lends itself to ongoing intergenerational activities.
Give your child the gift of kindergarten readiness at the Whitted School!
Office of Early Education Core Beliefs:
- Durham Public Schools is a Pre-K -12 school system and preschool builds the foundation for our learners.
- Parents are their child’s first teacher.
- Respecting families and building positive partnerships are critical.
- The Office of Early Education intentionally collaborates within Durham Public Schools and with community partners to align services, curriculum, resources and policies.
- All stakeholders are an important part of the Office of Early Education’s vision and mission, and are valued for their contributions.
- All children learn and progress by providing appropriate access, participation, and support.
- Highly effective staff using research-based instructional strategies, best practices, and data are essential to building a strong foundation for every child.
- Leadership is encouraged, creativity is valued, and continuous improvement is expected.
Address: 1210 Sawyer Street Durham, NC 27707
In response to COVID-19, Durham Public Schools students will be out of school until May 15th. Durham Public Schools facilities will be closed to the public, including facility rentals.
As of Monday, March 23, DPS will begin providing meals and supplemental learning activities for students. Click the link below for complete details. Link: http://bit.ly/DPSMealsActivities2020.
En respuesta a COVID-19, los estudiantes de las Escuelas Públicas de Durham estarán fuera de la escuela del 15 de Mayo. Las facilidades de las Escuelas Públicas de Durham estarán cerradas al público, incluidos los aquileres de facilidad.
Al partir del Lunes 23 de Marzo, DPS comenzará a proporcionar comidas y actividades de aprendizaje suplementarias para los estudiantes. Haga clic en el enlace a continuación para obtener detalles completos. Enlace: http://bit.ly/DPSMealsActivities2020.