The Whitted School opened August 31, 2017. This facility provides a high-quality Pre-K program to Durham County local 4-year-olds which will greatly impact their kindergarten readiness. Priority is given to children living in zones for the following elementary schools: C.C. Spaulding, Eastway, Fayetteville Street, Lakewood, W.G. Pearson and Y.E. Smith. If there are any additional spots remaining, any 4-year old in the District may apply to attend.
This facility incorporates part of the building for affordable senior housing which lends itself to ongoing intergenerational activities.
Give your child the gift of kindergarten readiness at the Whitted School!
Office of Early Education Core Beliefs:
- Durham Public Schools is a Pre-K -12 school system and preschool builds the foundation for our learners.
- Parents are their child’s first teacher.
- Respecting families and building positive partnerships are critical.
- The Office of Early Education intentionally collaborates within Durham Public Schools and with community partners to align services, curriculum, resources and policies.
- All stakeholders are an important part of the Office of Early Education’s vision and mission, and are valued for their contributions.
- All children learn and progress by providing appropriate access, participation, and support.
- Highly effective staff using research-based instructional strategies, best practices, and data are essential to building a strong foundation for every child.
- Leadership is encouraged, creativity is valued, and continuous improvement is expected.
Address: 1210 Sawyer Street Durham, NC 27707
If your child will be 5 years old by August 31st, 2019, it's time to register and get ready for school! Please join us at an upcoming event.
Si su nino va a cumplir 5 anos antes del 31 de Agosto del 2019, ya llego la hora de la inscripcion a la escuela. Unete a nosotros en un proximo evento.
March 12th at Forest View Elementary 5:30-7:00 pm
March 14th at Y.E. Smith Elementary 5:30-7:00 pm
April 2nd at Eastway Elementary 5:00-6:30 pm
April 4th at Glenn Elementary 6:00-7:00 pm
April 11th at Eno Valley 5:30-7:00 pm
Aril 25th at Lakewood Elementary 4:30-5:30 pm
May 9th at Forestview Elementary 5:30-7:00 pm
May 21st at E.K. Powe Elementary 5:30-7:00 pm
May 23rd at C.C. Spaulding Elementary 5:30-7:00 pm
If you are unsure of your child's chool, please contact Durham Public School's Office of Student Assignment at 919-560-2059 or visit www.DurhamSchoolNavigator.org
Si no estan seguros de que escuela le corresponde su hijo, por favor pongase en contacto con la Oficina de Asignacion Estudiantil de las Escuelas Publicas de Durham al 919-560-2059 o consulte www.DurhamSchoolNavigator.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT/PARA MAS INFORMACION VISITE: