Address: 201 Baptist Road, Durham, NC 27704
Phone: (919) 560-3955
Fax: (919) 560-3451
Hours of Operation:
- 8:30 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
- Click here for the 2022-2023 bell schedule.
Enrollment : 860
Mission: The mission of Neal Middle School is to work together to build a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment focused on maximizing each student’s sense of well-being and acquisition of skills for life and learning.
Vision: Neal Middle School empowers all students to embrace learning, achieve their personal best and build their emotional, social, and physical well-being. We will do this by providing a welcoming, safe, and supportive learning environment in which everyone is equal and all achievements are celebrated.
The magnet program at Neal provides opportunities for all students to experience highly engaging coursework in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Features of the magnet program include:
- Multiple coursework opportunities in STEM focus areas, including Project Lead the Way elective courses such as Green Architecture, Computer Science Discovery, Energy and the Environment, Design and Modeling, and Robotics.
- Incorporation of the Engineering Design Process as a common problem-solving strategy in all subject areas.
- Partnerships with corporate and community experts in the fields of science, math, technology and engineering including; Lenovo, Cisco, Duke University, NC A&T, Kramden Institute, Capital Broadcasting, Keep Durham Beautiful, NC Society of Hispanic Professionals, and NC New Schools Project.
- Rigorous curriculum taught by a well-trained staff with a problem/project based approach to student assessment.
- Partnering STEM program at Southern School of Energy and Sustainability for interested students to continue their pursuit of 21st century skills and career preparation during their high school years.
- For more information about the magnet program, click here.