To ensure that students experience educational equity in grades pre-K-12 regardless of race or ethnicity.
Establish the district as a national prototype for effectively educating students of color.
- Collaborate with various departments and school leaders to analyze data (i.e. Graduation and discipline data for students of color; Black and Latinx enrollment in AIG, Honors, AP/IB classes; recruitment and retention of high quality educators of color, etc.) and develop action plans to address disparities (Strategic Plan Goals 1A, 1B, 1C, 2B, and 3B).
- Design and facilitate professional development for educators that focuses on racial equity, implicit bias, and culturally responsive teaching (Strategic Plan Goals 1A, 1B, 1C, 2B, and 3B)
- Increase/enhance partnerships with community organizations that can support the work of addressing educational inequities (Strategic Plan Goals 1A, 4B, 4C).
- Identify, apply for, and manage grants and research that will support the work of equity in the district and help to eliminate academic disproportionalities (Strategic Plan Goals 1A, 4B, 4C)
- Establish mechanisms for effective communication with stakeholders (Strategic Plan Goals 4B, 4C).