- ChickTech Starts Oct. 29th
- ChickTech: High School is a free year-long series of hands-on tech workshops, mentoring, and internship connections for 8th- to 12th-grade female, non-binary, and other gender minority students (including transgender youth of any gender presentation or identity).
- There are monthly hands on workshops, mentorship opportunities, and panel discussions and talks.
- Register today here!
- ACT Practice Exam Student Oct. 29th from 9-12
- Grant Opportunity - Apply by Dec 1st
- Learn more and apply here
- we are Student Grants support 6-11th grade students seeking to apply anti-racism efforts in their classrooms and school communities. The focus of these microgrants, ranging from $250-750, is to support projects that disrupt racial discipline disparities, disrupt current policies/rules, or to support the creation of racial equity student orgs. The funds can be used for an initiative, student group or policy that will create an environment of anti-racism. The grants would also support book discussion groups, increases social belonging, and includes funds for research projects.
- LEDA Scholars Application Now Open - Due 12/12 - Learn More or Apply Today
LEDA is looking for juniors in high school who want to be challenged academically, have demonstrated a commitment to their studies, and have the desire to be a leader in their families, schools, and communities. Applicants must be a junior attending a public high school in the U.S. graduating in 2024, a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have DACA Status, have an annual household income under $90,000, and a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.5.
- Application Information link
- Sign up for the Student Information Session 9/15, the Scholar Panel 9/29, or other September Events here
- East Carolina University Health and Human Performance Virtual Academic Nights 9/27-10/19
- ECU is hosting online information nights to learn about the various programs they offer including Social Work, Human Development & Family Science, Recreation Sciences and much more!
- Link to register
- Join Safe Space on Club A Days
The Safe Space Club is returning to Middle College High School this year, following a one-year hiatus. We are proud to offer this space to any and all students looking to get something off their chest or just hang out after classes. While the main focus of Safe Space is group communication and conversation, we also offer activities such as board/card games and movies from time to time. We will be meeting on club A days in room 11-103, so consider stopping by if you're interested.
- TSA is Hiring Graduating Seniors
- The TSA is now hiring, and is offering a great way to gain solid experience at an entry-level federal job, offering full training, and an entry way into a multitude of opportunities with the nation’s largest employer-the federal government! In addition, we offer a $1000 sign-on bonus if hired by September 30, 2022, great pay, free training, and tuition reimbursement. As an added note, applying seniors may indicate being 18 years of age and having a HS diploma at the time of application, provided they meet these requirements at the time of job offer.
- Hiring Incentive
ACT ONLINE PREP ACCESS AVAILABLE FOR ALL DPS JUNIORS
All DPS juniors have access to ACT Online Prep as a resource to support their preparation for the ACT administration in Spring 2023. flyer
- SAT Prep
- Available online for free through Khan Academy
- ChickTech Starts Oct. 29th