2022-2023 Registration Information for New Families
If you still need to register for classes, please contact Ms. Richmond or Dr. Cagle at the school.
Acceptable Documents for Proof of Domicile (POD) - Please provide one source from the options below.
- Proof of Legal Domicile - The parent, legal guardian/custodian, must be currently domiciled within the geographic boundary of the Durham Public Schools district (“Domicile” is defined as a permanent, established home, as distinguished from a temporary place of residence. A person may have more than one residence, but only one legal domicile)
- Current lease, deed or mortgage statement in the name of the parent/ legal guardian; or
- A month to month lease, and one (1) utility bill (gas, water, electric only) issued within 30 days of enrollment in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Current (domicile) property tax statement in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Three consecutive months of rental receipts(most recent one dated within 30 days of enrollment), and one (1) current utility bill (gas, water, electric) in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Statement in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Homeland Security/ICE or Federal Resettlement document; or
- Two (2) current utility bills (gas, water, electric) issued within 30 days of enrollment, in the name of the parent/legal guardian; or
- Affidavit/Declaration of Residency completed at the Office of Student Assignment or the ESL Resource Center. The homeowner/leaseholder must present one of the above document options for proof of domicile, and his/her picture ID, while the parent/legal guardian of the student presents his/her picture ID. Once both documents have been approved and notarized by the Office of Student Assignment or ESL Resource Center, the parent will be instructed to present the documents to the assigned school to verify they are domiciled in Durham.