Welcome to PreK!
Pre-Kindergarten is the foundational year of your child's educational journey, where they learn, grow and develop as a young scholar! We look forward to engaging with your child and partnering with your family on this amazing adventure!
Office of Early Education Core Beliefs:
- Durham Public Schools is a Pre-K -12 school system and preschool builds the foundation for our learners.
- Parents are their child’s first teacher.
- Respecting families and building positive partnerships are critical.
- The Office of Early Education intentionally collaborates within Durham Public Schools and with community partners to align services, curriculum, resources and policies.
- All stakeholders are an important part of the Office of Early Education’s vision and mission, and are valued for their contributions.
- All children learn and progress by providing appropriate access, participation, and support.
- Highly effective staff using research-based instructional strategies, best practices, and data are essential to building a strong foundation for every child.
- Leadership is encouraged, creativity is valued, and continuous improvement is expected.