Dealing with Suicide Risk
If Your Child is in Crisis
- Do not leave your child alone.
- Secure or remove items (e.g., medicine, firearm) from your home that could facilitate a suicide attempt.
- Get professional help.
- Take your child to the emergency room or mental health center for evaluation immediately.
- Call the Alliance Behavioral Healthcare access and information line at 1-800-510-9132.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- Text TALK to 741741 to text with a trained crisis counselor.