Explore Your Interests and Careers
- Use Xello (login required) or the O*NET Interest Profiler to identify which careers match your interests and skills.
- Review the N.C. Career Clusters detailed information about career pathways in North Carolina and beyond.
- Use the cluster guide to learn about the education and experience required for each pathway.
Choose a Pathway
- Review the CTE Course and Program Offerings to choose a pathway of study that aligns with your interests.
- Register for courses in your pathway. If your base school does not offer your desired pathway, you may be able to enroll in another school that does by submitting a Magnet & CTE Pathways Application before the annual deadline.
- High school students should complete a College & Career Readiness Plan in Xello to know which courses you'll need to prepare for college, industry training or careers. Your career development coordinator, special populations coordinator, or guidance counselor can help.
Get Work Experience
- Begin building your résumé and gain professional and technical skills through work-based learning, including summer internships, job shadowing and part-time jobs.
Look Beyond High School
- Whether you plan to attend college, pursue industry training or credentials, or go straight to work, your career development coordinator, special populations coordinator, or guidance counselor can help you plan next steps to get there.