Data and Resources
Growing Together Supplementary Data Tables (PDF): “The Why” for Growing Together is the advancement of diversity, equity, and access within Durham Public Schools while also ensuring that our schools are responding to Durham County’s growth over the last 30 years.
This PDF includes:
- School building capacity figures showing which schools are overcrowded, under-enrolled, and at ideal capacity.
- Mobile classrooms slated for removal through Growing Together, schools slated for renovation, and schools affected by the opening of Murray-Massenburg Elementary in 2024.
- Elementary lottery and boundary seat numbers through Growing Together in 2024-25; DPS will be able to offer more than 2,000 additional lottery seats in 2024.
- The number of students potentially reassigned in Growing Together in 2024-25.
- Socio-economic data (based on Direct Certification Rates) for each school.
REPORT: Growing Together: Rules of Access Community Engagement Sessions (PDF): Supporting Growing Together’s community engagement efforts, RTI International assisted DPS in developing and hosting regional workshops to provide rule scenarios that could result from the implementation of District Policy 4150 and the new school boundaries for 2024-25 adopted in June 2022. RTI’s report summarizes the themes and trends from these six community sessions.
School Boundary Map: Click here to access the interactive map to view the new school boundaries. Enter your address and see your child’s base school and application program options.
Additional information: For full background information on Growing Together, please visit ENGAGE.dpsnc.net.