CCTI: Wake-Durham Educator Preparation Program for Resident Teachers
CCTI: Wake-Durham is an in-district educator preparation scholarship program designed to support you as a beginning educator through effective practices, essential knowledge and skills for student success. Our program is an NCDPI-approved Educator Preparation Program (EPP) for those who would like to earn their license through the Residency Pathway. Participants complete all program requirements while teaching full-time in their districts.
Proficient completion of the CCTI: Wake-Durham program leads to your North Carolina Professional Educators License.
CCTI: Wake-Durham Senior Administrator Lisa Sonricker describes the program's impact on your teaching career.
CCTI: Wake-Durham Administrator Kathy Saunders provides the value and benefit to educators and learners in a brief overview of Courses One and Two.
Register for an Information Session
Click on either of the links above to learn more about CCTI or register for an information session to talk with Lisa about CCTI.
Why choose CCTI: Wake-Durham?
- Online Distance Learning: CCTI: Wake-Durham provides flexible distance learning and hybrid learning options.
- Connections: The cohort model allows participants to meet face-to-face or online with other beginning teachers to grow together.
- Coaching: CCTI: Wake-Durham Coaches help each participant through the first year as a beginning teacher.
Check your eligibility
To apply to CCTI: Wake-Durham, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Teach or be in pursuit of a teaching position in one of the following areas in the Wake County Public School System or Durham Public Schools:
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education (Middle and High)
- Social Studies
- English Language Arts
- K-12 Additional Content Areas
- English as a Second Language
- Fine/Performing Arts
- World/Classical Languages
- Health/Physical Education
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Special Education: General Curriculum
- Have a 2.7 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Have completed 24 credit hours with a C or better or earned a passing score on the NC content exam for your licensure area.
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above, apply now.
You must submit the following as part of your application:
- Official transcripts
- Licensure exam score report if you have them
- Copy of emergency license (if applicable)
Once you have been accepted to CCTI: Wake-Durham, you will
- Complete the Residency License (RL) Form: Residency licenses require that teacher candidates affiliate with a North Carolina educator preparation program (EPP).
- Complete the enrollment module and Canvas instructions.
- Get started on the self-paced modules of Course 1!
We are excited to welcome you to the CCTI: Wake-Durham educator preparation program and look forward to getting to know you better and growing and learning together!
Lisa Sonricker, Senior Administrator, CCTI: Wake-Durham, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Saunders, Administrator, CCTI: Wake-Durham, email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter! @teachccti