Southern School of Energy & Sustainability provides college-level courses where students are given the opportunity to challenge themselves. Students complete courses prepared with academic skills required of any student post high school. Because we believe that all students are able to meet the challenge, anyone can enroll. Classes are offered at all grade levels. Students who enroll in Advanced Placement courses receive an additional 1.0 point weight for their GPA. Our teachers are supportive and well trained to promote student success.
- Teaches essential time management, study & organizational skills needed for college and career success
- Allows you to dig deeper into subjects that interest you
- Gives opportunity to tap creativity and problem-solving skills to address course challenges
- Recognition for success through AP awards
- Helps you stand out from the crowd: 85% college & universities indicate student's AP experience "favorably impacts admissions decisions"
- Gives you the chance to take upper level courses sooner & explore other interests
- Prepares you for college
- 31% universities favor AP experience for scholarship awards