Night with the Arts
Please save the date! Neal will host our “Night with the Arts” Title I Family Engagement Night on Thursday, May 19th from 6pm - 8pm. This event will be in-person at Neal! We want to have record-breaking attendance and ask all families to come out!
Our “Night with the Arts” Title I Family Engagement Night will consist of:
- Teacher/parent/guardian classroom time where parents/guardians can get updates on their child’s progress as we approach the end of the school year
- An opportunity to complete the back-to-school form to update students information, and secure transportation for the next school year
- 8th grade Southern High School Parent Meeting with Principal Jerome Leathers and members from Southern High School
- Fine Arts Performance from our Dance, Band and Chorus Departments
Dinner boxes will be given to Neal students and their parent/guardian. Once we have served Neal students, the remaining boxes will be available for additional family members present.
Completing the district back-to-school portal is very important for the 2022-2023 school year as it will be used to update information and verify transportation, or your child’s bus, for the 2022-2023 school year. As an incentive to complete it, the first 385 students who complete or update the back-to-school form or parent portal will receive a pair of wireless earbuds. Students and their parent/guardians must be present at the “Night with the Arts” Title I Family Engagement Night to receive the pair of earbuds. Below are the key components of the back-to-school form, most of which are required by board policy or state/federal law:
- Student Handbook Verification (required for long term suspension appeals)
- Address and phone number updates
- Transportation information (** All students will default to "NO” transportation; the updated information requesting transportation (Yes/No) must be collected fresh this year.)
- Military information
- District policies – technology, directory information, etc.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday, May 19th. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher or call the front office at Neal. Thank you!