WELCOME CLASS OF 2035!
Entering kindergarten is an exciting time in the life of a child and a great adventure for children and parents. Kindergarten is a very important milestone on your child’s journey to success. Our mission is to embrace, educate and empower every student to innovate, serve and lead. We are eager to have your child join us so we can Ignite their Limitless Potential!
To register for kindergarten, your child must turn five years old on or before August 31, 2022.
To register your child for kindergarten, you will need:
- Your child’s birth certificate (Order a certified birth certificate through the Durham County Register of Deeds Office online here.)
- Proof of immunizations (within first 30 days of school)
- NC Health Assessment form (within first 30 days of school)
- Proof of legal domicile
PROOF OF LEGAL DOMICILE
The parent, the legal guardian/custodian, must be currently domiciled within the geographic boundary of the Durham Public Schools district. Domicile is defined as a permanent, established home, as distinguished from a temporary place of residence. A person may have more than one residence, but only one legal domicile.
- Kindergarten Welcome Presentation (PDF)
- Kindergarten Forms
- 2022-23 Kindergarten Brochure (PDF)
- 2022 Kindergarten Video Information Series
Please call the Office of Student Assignment at 919-560-2059 or the Early Education Department at 919-560-3505 for more information.