About the School Improvement Team (SIT)
The GMS School Improvement Team is built from representatives of our school stakeholders. It includes teachers, staff, administrators, parents and local supporters. The SIT team represents a wide range of perspectives and expertise from the entire Githens community. The positions on this team are elected to serve 2-year terms and open positions are filled by election each year. All meetings are open to the public. If you are interested in getting involved please reach out to the chair of the SIT Team by calling our front office for more information.
School Improvement Team Members: (Elected October 2022)
- Dionne Jimenez (Spanish)
- Tanisha Crosson (6th Grade Social Studies)
- Shlisa Stackhouse (8th Grade Science)
- Deborah Franks (8th Grade Social Studies)
- Lisa Turco (Fine Arts)
- Lynne Brady (8th Grade Math- Chair)
- Rebecca Burns (7th Grade Science)
- Emily Pierce (Healthful Living)
- Kokeya Evans (Certified Staff)
- Dina Niblock (Parent)
Githens SIT meets on the 3rd Monday of each Month at 3:00pm in the Media Center and meeting are open to the public.
The team's main responsibility is developing and implementing the annual School Improvement Plan . The Githens SIP is located on Indistar. and you may access it to read the details of the SIP for the current school year. Information on how to view the GMS plan is shown below.
Sherwood Githens Middle
Login Information Indistar
This yearly plan includes targets and goals for the ongoing advancement of the school. At its heart, the SIP is designed for the overall improvement and success of every Githens Raider scholar.
The SIT team also serves as a resource for the school, the teachers, the parents and the principal.
The School Improvement Team:
- Builds the capacity of the school to continuously improve in areas of school climate and satisfaction
- Promotes positive school climate which includes student health, safety, discipline and working conditions
- Facilitates the involvement of the school community in designing and implementing the plan
- Encourages, supports and creates opportunities for the involvement of parents
- Promotes stakeholder satisfaction (students, parents and teachers)
- Responds to specific school needs