Haga clic aquí para leer en Español
The DPS Office of Student Assignment can provide you with your student's base school assignment determined by your domicile (where you currently live) in Durham, outline the registration process and assist you with questions about magnet schools, walk zones, and other common topics.
DPS offers a variety of choices to suit nearly every kind of student. We offer traditional calendar schools, Montessori schools, magnet schools with special programming, magnet schools with a year-round calendar, and CTE pathways programs. Some of our high schools are aligned with the area colleges and universities and share courses.
STEP ONE: ELIGIBILITY
- To enter kindergarten, children must be 5 years old on or before August 31. Older students must be under age 21 on the first day of school to enroll. Students who are under suspension or expulsion from a private or public school and students who have already graduated from high school are not eligible.
STEP TWO: IDENTIFY YOUR SCHOOL
- Identify which school is your base school using the School Locator tool, or call 919-560-2059. This tool will help identify your base school assignment and if your family resides in a magnet assignment zone. Learn more about the DPS Magnet Program process. CLICK HERE
STEP THREE: WATCH OUR ENROLLMENT VIDEO (OPTIONAL)
Our office has created a set of quick tutorial videos for those who need additional help with completing the online registration process.
STEP FOUR: ONLINE ENROLLMENT
NEW TO DURHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS ONLY: THIS ENROLLMENT PLATFORM IS ONLY FOR STUDENTS WHO WERE NOT ENROLLED IN DURHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR (2019-2020). DO NOT COMPLETE THIS FORM if you were a student in DPS at the end of the school year.
RETURNING STUDENTS - If you were a student in DPS at the end of the school year, you will receive a notification from your school to update your information (including school assignments, addresses, phone numbers) and complete necessary documents for school.
After you determine which school your child is assigned, complete your online enrollment by clicking one of the following options:
If you have questions, we encourage you to:
- contact us via our PowerSchool Enrollment (InfoSnap) Support Line, toll free at (866) 434-6276
- contact your assigned school
- contact Office of Student Assignment 919-560-2000