Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How do I get a Parent Portal Account?
- A: Parent Portal Resources on the DPS website will guide how to create the parent account. If additional assistance is needed please contact your child’s school.
Q: Do I have to answer all the questions?
- A: No, but some questions are marked "Required" and must be answered before you can submit your form.
Q: What if I make a mistake?
- A: If you would like to make a change prior to submitting the form, you can either navigate back to the page using the “Prev” and “Next” buttons or if you are on the Review page select the underlined field. If you have already submitted the form you will need to contact your student’s school so they can make the changes for you.
Q: I’ve completed the form, now what?
- A: Once you have finished entering your information select “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot select this button you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions. The school will review and update your student’s information accordingly.
Q: What if I have more than one student in the district? Do I need to do this for each child?
- A: Yes, you will need to provide information that is specific to each child. We recommend that you complete and submit one form and then start another. There will be an option to do this so that you can “snap” (or share) selected family information, which saves you time.
Q: I have more questions!
- A: Please contact your child’s school; they will let you know the best way through a call or email soon.